Thread: How to Install Firefox on Mac

How to Install Firefox on Mac

Installing Firefox on Mac is easy for those who has been Apple user for years for those who just passed by Windows to Mac. It can be a bit 'difficult. Compared to Windows, the process of installing programs on Mac is very different and can cause some problems. For those who just went to Apple and want to get a "good old" Mozilla Firefox browser, here is a quick tutorial on how to download and install it easily.

The first thing to do is download Firefox by open Safari and then go on the Google. Here write Firefox and open the first result that appears there (obviously this is the official site of Mozilla Firefox). Will be automatically detected that the operating system you are using, and then simply click on the green button that says "Firefox Download Free ". In a few seconds will start downloading. After downloading double click on the file Firefox.dmg.

Now you will see a window containing the Firefox logo and the Applications folder, drag the mouse on the logo and put it in the folder. Now open, open the Applications folder (normally located at the bottom right on your desktop) and click on the Firefox program (you will notice that the icon is the logo of the browser but is similar to a signal of no-parking). Now you'll see a confirmation box, click Here Open.

Firefox will be properly installed on your Mac and you can use it as an alternative to Safari. Here I will show you how Firefox can be installed on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:
    • Click on Safari in the Dock.
    • Open the page of Mozilla Firefox .
    • Click on the link free download.
    • Jump in the Finder to the downloaded file with the extension. Dmg.
    • Double-click on the firefox.xxxxdmg.
    • Click on the Accept button.
    • Drag the Firefox icon in the Applications folder.
    • Double-click on Firefox
    • Mark import nothing.
    • Click the Continue button.
    • Duck remotely check the box next to each time you start Firefox.
    • Click on the button Yes.

Re: How to Install Firefox on Mac

i got this step and i will try to do the same on my Mac OS but before that i want to know,

is this method applies to all Mac OS X version of Simply one which you have mentioned in your post?

i am going to run Mountain Lion. Should i need to follow the same method to install Firefox over there?

Re: How to Install Firefox on Mac

Why don't you give it a try as described in the similar manner? as far as i know that the OS X Mountain Lion is just an upgraded version and it does contain a more improvements and more features. But it is not a complete refurbished or newly build OS yet. The apple has upgraded several things and features in it in order to give user a batter and faster OS than before and it contains several bug fixes and solution for compatibility issue. The programs and software available in it are just upgraded versions. So i don't think that you will get any problem with installing the Firefox in it. The latest version Firefox is v12 Beta. it should have a direct support for Mountain Lion