| || |
Join Date: May 2011
Safe Online Shopping Tips
The main risks to which the user can see exposed when using services of e-Commerce for their holiday shopping may be mentioned phishing scams, personal data theft and phishing. Among the 5 best practices when making holiday shopping over the Internet include:
- Update your system and applications: Keeping your system and applications updated allows you to be protected from threats that use vulnerabilities and corrected by the suppliers of those products.
- Buy via e-Commerce services with a reputation known or recommended. This is very important to avoid being scammed when making a purchase or a victim of a theft of banking data, it is advisable to make purchases through services with high reputation or recommended.
- Avoid links in emails: Because cybercriminals often use social engineering via email to lure their victims so they can steal your bank details, you should avoid clicking on links received via this route . To enter the sites where the deals are, it is recommended to write the web page address in the browser and verify that this offer really exists.
- Check the security of e-Commerce: It is essential to verify that the site you are browsing the data sent in encrypted form, that is, operating under the HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP. You can check this in the address bar in front of the URL of the site.
- Do not use Wi-Fi dubious reliability: If you connect from a mobile device, remember that public Wi-Fi networks, whether free or password protected, may be being intercepted, so it is advisable to make online transactions through its own network or someone you trust.