Thread: How to wireless controlling a light switch located in different location

How to wireless controlling a light switch located in different location

Hi friends, I have two different switches in my room, in one switch I have connected the room light and in another switch I have connected the Garage light, so that if someone came over there i can on light to know about that particular person. but however my garage is quite far distance from my house, because of that reason the wire that I am using for Garage lawn light is too large and it create problems in rainy season to maintain this long wire. I have decided to make some wireless connection between this two light that control both lights, I just want to know whether it is possible to wirelessly control a light switch if yes then how? And which device I have to make use for this type of connection. If you guys have any ideas or any suggestion then please let me know. Any reply will be Thanks and appreciated.

re: How to wireless controlling a light switch located in different location

You can make use of motion Detector, so that if some person will passes over there near your garage the light will automatically go ON. This may help you out. Or you can also contact the experience electrical engineers for this type of wireless connection.

This type of connectivity is also depends upon the existing wiring and overall requirement. However there are remote control switches available which can be used for this purpose. You can also make use of such remote control switches to install there and to make use of such connection may this will help you out to make this kind of connectivity.

There are some conventional wiring procedure available for such type of wiring, try to make the connection in such a way that the positive supply to both the Lamp, which is to be fed by the one switch that you select and make this to be control by some kind of circuit that if one light On then the other continue to the next. There is alternate wiring that if you wish to make use for both the switches to control then you has to convert that particular connection in to two-way wiring. Make use of 2 two-way switches connected with the help of 3 core cable. So that both light can fed up with the same switch

There are several 'wireless switch' available in Market you can make use of any one according to your need, so you can Google for 'wireless switch' and then based on the features you can make use of any of 'wireless switch'.

If you are trying to make the changes there in your existing connection, then today’s lights and switches are hard-wired so any changes will require at least some rewiring. So it is better to call an electrician for such issue and connectivity.