Thread: Forcing Windows to Manage the Wifi Connection Automatically in Windows Xp

Forcing Windows to Manage the Wifi Connection Automatically in Windows Xp

You have a wireless Wi-Fi and despite the successful installation of your wireless adapter, your Windows system refuses to manage this connection and displays a message that states that you can not configure this connection. Indeed Setup your Wi-Fi adapter installed its own management service Wi-Fi and has disabled the Windows.

To Set This in Windows that you must do the following:

1. Click Start, Control Panel, or Start, Settings, Control Panel (depending on the layout of your Start menu)

2. Then click "Performance and Maintenance", then "Administrative Tools"

3. In the window administration tools that appears on the screen, double-click "Services"

4. This windows Will appear

5. Note - You can access the service via this shortcut: Windows logo key + R / type services.msc / Enter

6. In the list of services locate the "Wireless Zero Configuration, then double-click this service:

7. In the window that appears, scroll down the list of types of startup and select "Automatic", click "Apply" and then "Start" and Ok

Done Enjoys

Re: Forcing Windows to Manage the Wifi Connection Automatically in Windows Xp

With the release of Windows XP, Microsoft tried to make configuring and connecting to wireless networks easy for everyone. They partially succeeded. The Wireless Zero Configuration service is the “brains” behind managing wireless connections with Windows. Unfortunately, WZC does not always make sane decisions, which can cause sensations of frustration and annoyance, not to mention itching and burning.

kevindob Guest

I've used forums for a while now to assist me in my learning and any troubles I may face in using my laptop and PCs. This post is the best I've seen so far in terms of ease of use and clarity. I don't know why my laptop stopped connecting automatically, but what a pain it has been. I am using Vista and apart from clicking administrative tools in the control panel instead of performance and maintainance it worked the same. This fixed it neatly and quickly.
    Da iawn
    Ardderchog.

I have followed all of the steps above and I still receive a screen that says
    No Wireless Networks Were Found In Range

Make Sure the wireless switch on your computer is on.
    Too see an updated list, click "Refresh network list."

I do so and nothing appears. I can connect via the Intel PROSet/Wireless but am still unable to use windows to manage my Wi-Fi

I recently reinstalled XP as my computer was having some major difficulties ie. Fatal System Error

Hello some day before i was facing the same issue with my network then to fix this i update my driver with the most up to date driver. basically my old drivers were corrupted and because of that I wsa not able to connect network. so in simple words maybe there is issue with the gateway support. so try to update your driver and try it again. I am this will help you.