Thread: Opera Mini 6.1 Tips and Tricks

Opera Mini 6.1 Tips and Tricks

Hi Welcome to the forums once again, and this time I would like to reveal Opera Mini tips and tricks! As there are too many opera mini used and for them I don't think speed dials and shortcuts are worth mentioning, so I'll start off with the codes. As you must have been aware as the newer version is available to download, so guy the one who didn’t download this version yet, I would like to tell you them as visit the below link and have this version for your respective mobile.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/pc/

The new browser versions are obtainable for Java, Android, Symbian, Blackberry and Apple iOS. The Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers not only inclusive your search queries, they also acclimatize to your web surfing habits. by means of the new top-level domain knowledge feature, top-level domains such as .uk, .ru and .id are picked up by the mobile browser so you can type fewer, next time just about. Opera Mobile is built round a universal core that all Opera browsers splits.

Re: Opera Mini 6.1 Tips and Tricks

As I have mentioned that having shortcut is not worth mentioning, thus this time I would like to tell you about some local and server side code for configuring different settings, I hope you guys like it.

Type these in the Enter Address field to work correctly.

• o:A - start page

• o:B - main menu

• o:J - Help

• o:L - Help -> Shortcuts

• o:M - #6 Page information

• o:V - #5 History

• o:X - Help -> About

• o:C (capital i) - Tools menu

• o:I - #8 Settings

• o:Y - #7 Add bookmark

• o:Z - #2 Bookmarks

• o:d - #7 Add bookmark (appears same as o:Y)

• o:h - Help -> About -> Clear traffic counter

• o:m - #9 Search engines

• o:6 - Add bookmark -> speed dial select (unusable)

now for the server you have to run the below mentioned codes to the address bar.

• server:reset - reset cookies

• server:version - like debug: page but with more server info such as requests being processed

• debug: - geek info

• myopera:signup - signup for Opera Link

• operette:/message?t=TITLE&m=MESSAGE - Opera error message

• opera:about - About Opera

• opera:config - serverside settings

• debug:console - ECMAscript console

• myopera:login - login to Opera Link

(Note: For all the local codes there is no need of having internet connection but at the same end when you enter any server side network connection needed)

Along with the code you can have different patches for your operamini 6.1 through which you can make use of browser more efficiently. you have to download then now on your own, or else the downloading link will be available soon here only.

(Note: currently this patches are only working with nokia S60V2 mobile phones but will be available soon for different devices as well. )

New Opera Mini 6.1 Globe Patch:

This is a patch for Opera Mini 6.1 on S60V2, with 833kB size of OperaMini.app that make use of the New Globe Freesite, combo-ed with numerous spaces to boost the speed and advance Operamini connection reaction time.

MTN NG: Opera Mini 6.1 Patch:

Just install the patch on the similar drive your Operamini is installed. This is a patch-modification for your Opera Mini SIS for MTN NG on your S60V2.

Fixed Opera Mini 6.1 MyGlobe Connect Patch:

I just noticed that the old patch I am using in my OM6.1 that uses MyGlobe Connect suddenly stopped working. Then I guess it was the HTTP Server that is not working anymore.

No overwriting bookmarks, save pages, and splash will be kept. And you have to install it in the drive where Operamini 6 is already installed and let me tell you again as this only works on Operamini 6 that is not autonomous.

Download Opera Mini 6.1 Skins:

There is too many newer skins are available that you can download such as Gold, One Piece, Facebook, Initial D, NBA 2, Pink, Skateboard, Moon Eyes Plan, Slapshock, Slipknot, Tribal Gear, spongebob.

Opera Mini 6 Patch – “?id=0.facebook.com” :

This is Just a rapid patch for your Operamini 6 for nokia S60V2 users.
    Server used was: http://mini5.opera-mini.net:80/?id=0.facebook.com

You can put the javascript code on your speed dials for quick access.

There is also many other javascript tricks you can use, I’ll post them later so stay tuned for my next posts. ^_*

timontomas Guest

How To block flash use Flashblock for Opera 9.

Easy way to block ads is to disabling the IFrames & JavaScript globally and enabling them for required sites in site preferences.

To block particular JavaScript or IFrame ad in a page, open info panel, note path under Scripts or Inline frames and add it to content blocker. Tools > Preferences... > Advanced > Content > Blocked Content... > Add...

None of these shortcuts are working in my symbian mobile. Mine is Nokia XpressMusic 5800.

Quote Originally Posted by bondhutto View Post
    None of these shortcuts are working in my symbian mobile. Mine is Nokia XpressMusic 5800.
    I think that you are using the outdated Opera Mini and for that reason none of the shortcuts are working for you. so what you can do is, install the latest version of that in your 'phone and then try with the shortcuts. This will work this time.

probably no. I am using the latest one. Opera mini 6.5.

I am not getting any clue how to use these shortcuts. Absolutely getting no clue.

For example, I am getting 9 thumbnails on my Opera startup page, out of which 6 thumbnails are pre-populated while installing, and of no use of mine. I want to change them, put my own chosen sites on those thumbnails.

How can I do that?

Can I at all do that?

You can change all these thumbnails and set your own by LONG PRESSING them. When you long press them, you will get options to edit and clear. If you want to clear, clear them or edit them.

Wow, wonderful! I didn't know this trick!

It worked. Thanks a lot, Maq.