Thread: How to upgrade Windows Mobile 6 software with T-Mobile Dash

How to upgrade Windows Mobile 6 software with T-Mobile Dash

Hello friends, I am T-mobile dash and I want to ask that how I can upgrade my phone, as it is the Windows Mobile 6 phone. Well the update includes lots of new features and updates that will advance the overall experience with the device. So please suggest me how I can upgrade the phone and also from where I can upgrade the software of the phone. Thank you.

Re: How to upgrade Windows Mobile 6 software with T-Mobile Dash

You can upgrade the file by downloading the file from the internet but before that I want to say that before going on please make sure that all data on your MDA (Model-driven architecture) is backed up, and the e-mail settings for all of your e-mail accounts are written down. Well the Installing the new software will remove all the data on the device.
    To get the device software upgrade, you have to follow the following steps:
    1. Make sure that all data of yours are saved to the Micro SD memory card if one is available, or have been transfer to computer of yours. If you are using Windows XP or any earlier one, then make sure you have ActiveSync 4.5 installed on to your PC. If using Vista and Windows 7 you will be needed to have the Windows Mobile Device Center installed. If you have not installed any of the ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center, then install it from your Getting Started CD or you download it from the Microsoft Web site.
    2. Download the Update Utility for the mobile by going to below link and select your phone.
      http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade/
    3. As you try to download then you will be getting a dialog box which asks you to Open, Save or Cancel the download, so click on the Save.
    4. As you select the save then it will ask you to select the location to save the file on your computer, so you better save it on the desktop.
    5. When you have selected the location then in the File name text box, enter as “T-Mobile Dash MSFP Upgrade” and after that click on save.

With these step you get the file on to your system to upgrade software of your phone.

Re: How to upgrade Windows Mobile 6 software with T-Mobile Dash

As you are done with the above steps, then for the upgrading the software of the phone you have to follow some step which I have mentioned below and connect the phone with the computer of yours:
    1. Double-click the T-Mobile Dash MSFP Upgrade file on the desktop
    2. After that you will be getting the RUU - Install Shield Wizard dialog box, so click on Next.
    3. After clicking on the next you will get the Smartphone ROM Update Utility 3.9.3.3 dialog box, in that you click to select “I understand the caution indicated above and have reviewed the Readme”, and then click on Next. If you want to read then you can click View Readme and read it.
    4. After that in the Smartphone ROM Update Utility 3.9.3.3 dialog box, you have complete the four steps which are been listed, and then click on the check box to select “I completed the steps indicated above” and click on the Next.
    5. Now keep on the Next until and unless you will get the update progress will be shown on the computer and on the device. Well the upgrade process may take between 10-15 minutes. The progress display also appears to freeze at 85% and 95% which is the normal performance.
    6. Once the update is finished, then the phone restarts automatically. To close update click Finish. When the device restarts, it goes through to the initial start up routine as the device has been done a hard reset, or brand new out of the box. You will be seeing the Microsoft logo on the display of the Windows Mobile screen.
    7. The device will perform some additional updates that take about five minutes to complete. When it will be done, then the device will re-boot again and your update is complete.

Your phone is been updated and also new to use.