Thread: chinese N8 SIM Invalid

chinese N8 SIM Invalid

Hi guy, it's a pleasure to be part of it. I'd like to share my problem with u and see if someone can help me, I bought an N8 cellphone in China, it is supossely free and quadband, now when inserted the SIM or SIMs where ever u use or both it says, invalid SIM, or somethin like that, I read something about the IMEI problem and dowloaded a tool IMEI Tool, but it does not recognize the mobile. I'll appreciate if someone can help me. thanks a lot...

Re: chinese N8 SIM Invalid

First of all welcome to Techarena. Now, as you said "IMEI Tool, but it does not recognize the mobile", that means the problem is with your mobile and not with SIM Cards (If you check them in another mobile and they are working properly). Well, the only solution for this is to perform a Hard Reset with the code *#987*99# or any of these following codes.

But if your mobile is NEW as you said you just bought it, than dont do it yourself, better take it to the vendor and tell him to fix it.

Thanks for the answer dude, yes the SIM is being used on another mobile, it is working, the cellphone is new but I bought it in China, we don't have vendors on my country and there is no warranty so no official support for it. I hope a hard reset works, if not , the phone is useless at time can't be worst. thanks again.

You are getting invalid sim card error because the mobile phone that you have may be locked to a particular cell phone provider and in this case it needs to be unlocked to use with a different phone service provider. To get the security code/restriction code to unlock the cell phone from the current cell phone provider, you can use the SIM card with a different phone provider. Or you can take it to a mobile repair shop and ask them to unlock the phone, but that will cost you a little bit of expense.