Thread: Hints and Tips for Windows 7

Hints and Tips for Windows 7

Friends, I have recently installed the Windows 7 on my computer and I can say that it’s very improved as compared to the Windows XP that I was using earlier. As I am new to the Windows 7 so I need to know some Hints and Tips for Windows 7 and so I am leaving this thread over here so that I can get some idea from you people. So if you have anything to share with me then please post it over here. Thank you.

Re: Hints and Tips for Windows 7

If you wish to clean the desktop then you will have to left click on it and then hold on Title Bar of window you just wish to display on the desktop. Tremble the window a bit with rapidly dragging it left and right. Once the desktop cleans then you can drop it. If you desire to restore desktop again then left click as well as hold on Title Bar of similar window. Tremble the window a bit with rapidly dragging it left and right. While minimized windows come back to desktop, drop (free the left click) the window.

If you want to run the command prompt, just press down the Shift Key as well as right click on desktop. And after that you can select Open Command Window from the menu. But after that once more just right click on a folder as well as select open command prompt window at this time. I hope that there will be more replies on this topic soon. Anyway, it’s very nice topic to start and discuss.

I also want to share one thing over here to uncover the jumplists. One of the best innovations of the new user interface is the jumplists. Click on a Taskbar icon and you are presented with a number of shortcut options for the application. The selection of an album recently played in Windows Media Player, for example. Jumplists also find that spring from listings of the application in the Start menu.

Microsoft has shamelessly pinned Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Windows Explorer to the taskbar, ensuring they remain a constant presence on your desktop. If you want to get shot of them, click the application icon in the taskbar and select Unpin this program from the taskbar. If you want to replace them with your preferred software, open the application of your choice; click the icon on the taskbar and select Pin this program in the taskbar.

If you need to stop UAC to disturb your work every now and then with another stupid request then you will have to type UAC in the latest search bar Windows Start menu, select modify User Account Control Settings and drag the slider to the right until Notify ever. Just take a little extra care with your computer every day, as is almost certain to be taken without security software.