| || |
Join Date: Feb 2009
How to upgrade RAM on Samsung Q-Series notebook
If you want to upgrade the RAM memory of your notebook, you will need to purchase new memory modules and install them. Note:
Here is how to upgrade Memory on 15.6 / 14 / 13.3-inch models:
- Your notebook has two memory slots. In order to use the dual channel feature, we recommend you install memory modules of the same type, capacity, and manufacturer.
- Replace or install a new memory module only after shutting down the computer completely. Do not replace or install a new memory module when the notebook is in sleep mode.
- Be sure to disconnect the power supply, and remove the battery before continuing with the upgrade.
- Remove the screw on the memory compartment cover at the bottom of the notebook using a screwdriver.
- Pull the memory module latches outward. The memory module will pop up. Remove the memory module out at an angle of 30 degrees.
- Insert the new memory module into the memory slot at an angle of approximately 30 degrees, aligning it with the angle of the memory slot.
- Push the memory module down so that it is completely fixed. If it does not fit easily, push the memory module down while pulling the memory module latches outward.
- Close the compartment cover, and fasten with the fixing screw.