Thread: Tips to get better security by turning off simple passcode on your iPhone

Tips to get better security by turning off simple passcode on your iPhone

I would like you to tell how to turn off simple passcode on your iPhone for better security. If you think that it is easy for someone to guess four digit numeric password then you might want to consider disabling simple passcode. Disabling simple passcode means you can use a full keyboard to create a password of your choice. If you have iOS4 running on your iPhone then it is easy to do this.So following are the steps that you need to use for turning off simple passcode on your iPhone
    1. You need to open the settings application on your iPhone, which will be under the heading select Password Lock, if this is currently enabled you will be asked for your current password so enter it.
    2. Then you will now see the Simple Passcode which is turned on by default, if you switch this to off, you will be asked for a full keyboard password, you will need to confirm your old password first if you already had one.
    3. You will now see the Simple Passcode which is turned on by default. If you switch this to off you will be asked for a full keyboard password and then you will need to confirm your old password first if you had one.
    So this is how you can turn off simple passcode on your iPhone

Re: Tips to get better security by turning off simple passcode on your iPhone

Thank you for the tips that were provided.I had a simple password that I turned off since it was already available first. Its is a little time consuming but I would rather do this first than worrying . Actually I have been using it since iPhone OS 3.1 using security policy tool from Apple. As stated before that it is easy for someone to guess four digit numeric password. So it’s better to turning off simple passcode on iPhone. This will help a lot. The point that have been provided are prefect and I think that everyone should follow it.

This is really very amazing. I can now feel much safer about my iPhone now. Also the information that is being provided is correct. But I was a bit confused in the second step that is being mentioned there. I saw the Simple Pass code which is turned on by default so I didn’t know whether to switch it off or not. Then I turned it off and I was asked for a full keyboard password and then I confirmed my old password first .after that everything was alright.

Even I tried it out and found it very interesting. While doing that I had discovered a tip. If you want a safer password but with a more convenient keyboard for unlocking, then just choose an all number password. What this will do is it the unlock screen will automatically give you the number pad to unlock but your password can be any length. So this is another method which you can use to turning off simple passcode on your iPhone.

I feel that it’s a good tip which can be followed by many. An all number password is a brilliant idea. But talking in general if you get it to remove after 10 guesses then as long as it’s not really obvious l (like a very simple password) then its not that good enough. It seems though that if you enter a pass code of four numbers it turns back on the simple pass code again. But need to try out in the tip that is provided over here. I am sure it will be helpful.

smithon56 Guest

this is cool and amazing tip

Right now I definitely agree with the tips that are provided. Also the other tip which says that if we want a safer password but with a more convenient keyboard for unlocking, then just choose an all number password is useful. What this will do is it the unlock screen will automatically give you the number pad to unlock but your password can be any length .Also I feel that there is no point in putting more time to unlock the iPhone or iPod when 10 wrong guesses to a number are made.