Thread: Sharing Options Available for Mac System

Sharing Options Available for Mac System

Mac OS X uses a standardized protocol AFP. In a way Bonjour for OS X. Sharing options are in System Preferences under Sharing. Mac OS X allows you to connect to Macs on the network to read and write files in the allowed folders are displayed in the sidebar of Finder. If you want to share without authentication, go to System Preferences > Sharing. Click the + button and specify the correct directory (or just drag it out the window). Add multiple folders, to delimit the access rights for different users. In order to quickly share the folder, open its properties and check Shared Folder. Here you can add users and change the law in the Sharing & Permissions.

A little trick: Create a special user accounts on behalf of which will connect to your folders. This account will not have any files on the disk, but will be used to access network folders. If for any reason you cannot connect to a Mac or if the system does not appear in the sidebar of Finder then use the command Go > Connect to Server (Command + K). Enter the IP-address of the remote machine or its name and append Local. Connect on behalf of a much more reliable, because IP address of the computer has the ability to change.

Network Connection between Mac & Windows

Windows computers on the local network OS X operating system determines the box. PC, along with Macs, are displayed in the sidebar of Finder. Most often. If your computer does not appear in the sidebar, you can connect to it manually. Open the Finder, press Command + K and enter smb: / / local-ip-address. To a computer with Vista and 7 can not connect without a password for the account. Go to the Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing options > Disable sharing with password protection. Instead, for reasons of security, we recommend simply adding a password to your account.

From Windows to access files on your Mac will need a small trick, although the connection algorithm is as follows. On a Mac, go to the Sharing properties > Sharing > Options and check the Sharing files and folders using SMB (Windows). Then specify the account to compound. Now under Network in the Sidebar in Windows Explorer 7 will be Mac. If it did not use the connection to the Mac by IP-address or name (ie \ \ 192.168.0.2 or \ \ imac). Windows asks you to enter a user name and password that you specified when opening a file system access. If you connect directly, so there are no restrictions.

When you connect computers over a network are often problems. On the Internet, much has been written about how to solve such problems. Here, and 128-bit encryption, and access rights, and a lot of other bottlenecks. Two Windows 7 on different computers can connect to your Mac with the opposite result.

Access Mac System Via FTP

One of the most often used functions of iChat - the connection of computers without additional configuration. Turn bonjour and it will automatically find any machine on the LAN. Send messages, transmits audio and video, and even connect to a remote screen. One of the features of iChat - can send files without any file system.

Drag the file from a remote computer on your desktop, and it will be a download folder.

DHCP Server

Consider the example of the IP address from a DHCP server. By the same principle can be customized statistics TCP / IP settings
    • Go to System Preferences
    • Select Network
    • In the dropdown Show" select Built-in Ethernet
    • On TCP / IP tab in the dropdown list Configuration IPv4 select DHCP-server
    • If the DNS servers have any addresses, you need to remove them. Next, click Apply

Share the network from iPhone to Mac via iPad

First you need an iPhone is equipped with internet connectivity to enable tethering. Then go to Settings > General > Network and to activate Internet Tethering.

Now connect your iPhone to your Mac and follow this path System Preferences > Sharing. Either choose, without activating the Internet Sharing. Set iPhone in the field

Share your connection from. Select Airport Options if you want to set a password to the WiFi you are going to create and give it a name.

Tick Airport in the To computers using. Finally, check Internet Sharing to activate the service. Now you can also connect to iPad, or any other device you want, to your new

network. Clearly, the situations where you may want this system are limited, but in any case is ideal for emergency stop.

Re: Sharing Options Available for Mac System

After following the steps I was able to connect my macbook to imac via airport or internet. Airport icons from both teams have changed the format, but still can not see the files between them. What I need for total connection I took a look to share and network and I clarified. Should I play something in real tcp / ip. Apart from being unable to use the remote with keynote now that I have received a airport card for ibook, I cannot use the internet connection imac. The tricky thing is to do mac to pc, mac as a server using the Internet to give the pc. I end up leaving because they do not get desperate things to the pc with windows xp.

Re: Sharing Options Available for Mac System

Macintosh and PC worlds are no longer separated by incompatible standards. Today's computers both platforms can easily exchange data and files, both simple email as the most complex spreadsheets. Both platforms are connected seamlessly to the same corporate network and share the same Internet connections. Today there are numerous tools that offers you a direct connection of your system with Mac or any other operating system. Today most of the applications are open source.