Thread: 15 Search Tricks For Google

15 Search Tricks For Google

1. Google Calculator : You can use google search bar as a calculator for which you just need to type an equation into the search field and you will get an answer as your search result. Example: 2*5 - 42*6 + 200 and press Enter. You can do addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), division (/), to the power of (^), and square root of a number (sqrt).

2. Dictionary Definitions : Best way to get the perfect definiton about any word is to just type “define:” followed by the word in the google search bar. For Example: define: Java Object and it will show you perfect definition.

3. Search for a specific title : Assume you have got a website that you liked very much but forgot to bookmark it. You just know the title of it so how would you find it out. You just need to add a “intitle:” without quotes in front of title that you want to search.

4. Google Converter : Unit converting is most easiest thing that people use in google search bar without knowing that they are using the special feature of the google. When you convert any unit in some other unit then it can be easier to know without visiting any website. Eg: you type “5km in miles” in search bar and it will convert it for you.

5. Compare Currencies : Converting the currencies as well works beautifully in googl search such as you type 1 USD in rupee will directly show you the correct conversion according to the latest currency rates.

6. Weather Updates : Current weather of any location keeps on updating in the google’s database so you just need to type “India Weather” and it will show you the current weather of India.

7. Search for specific file types : Suppose you want to download the particular type of file format of the thing that you are searching on your google search. Normally it gets difficult to find out the format that we want to download. So just type “filetype: ppt” after the word that you are searching. Eg : “Guide to build a good website filetype: ppt”.

8. Search on a particular website : If any website does not have their own search bar to search things on that website only. Not to worry, Google can search a things only in single website. You need to use “site:www.xxxxxxx. com” along with the keyword that you want to search on the mentioned website address.

9. Get the local time anywhere : Get the perfect local time y just typing “what time is it India” if you want to get the current time in India. This can work for any location rather than only country names.

10. Remove unwanted search results : Many time it happens that when you search on google and it shows numerous unwanted results that annoys you very much. You can simply make google to neglect such things by typing “-something” after the search term to remove that something from the search result. Eg : Metallica –lyrics will not show any of the metallica Lyrics.

11. Search for URLs : You can search for a particular URL by “_” or “-” or “,” in between the words that might be in the URL. You will get all the URLs that contains any such words.

12. Track Flight Status : It only needs an airline name and flight number by which you can check the current status of a particular flight. Eg: British airways flight 5, will show you status of the same flight.

13. Search Google Groups by the subject line: You would be able to search Google groups by typing “insubject:then topic here” and it shows you the Google groups with that subject line.

14. Find Related Sites: Many people would be familiar with this search technique for searching the more websites of similar type. Eg : “related:websitename”. This can be useful when you don’t know much names of website, knowing only one website’s name will show all the that kind of websites.

15. Find Links to a specific URL : This is appealing supportive for searching backlinks to your website. Eg: “link:www . yoursite. com” will be showing the results of the websites that link back to yours.

Re: 15 Search Tricks For Google

Here I give some contribution to share Google Search techniques.

1. Should we drink wine? You will get result 3 times less that answers should drink wine. Try to imagine how the writers of the articles have made their sentences and then type a search is as close as possible to the answer you want to find. This simple trick will have a tremendous impact on the quality results that will provide the engines.

2. Quotes let you search for an exact phrase:
    • German Car will return you to pages with phrases such as it was the same type of fine German: blond hair and eyes the same blue as the bodywork of his car
    • "German Cars" with quotes you back only the pages containing the phrase German car as is.

You can earn in the same search phrases and words in quotes without quotation marks. For example: German Car "with airbags" occasion. Note the double set of quotation marks for "car German" and "airbag". This formulation will allow you, for example, to find pages containing German-hand car offered with airbags.

3. You can use the character * as a wildcard in a phrase in quotes:
    • "* The dandelions by the root" you back the pages containing eat the dandelions by the root containing more than eat the dandelions by the root, * By typing a number after you can search on phrases that you know more words:
    • "Eat * * * * root" you back the pages containing eat the dandelions by the root.

I would like to show you some tricks for google.

1. Google in the mirror? Nothing could be simpler to type in Google the mirror and press "I'm Feeling Lucky"
    2. Google Black? Trying to write a black google and click on "I'm Feeling Lucky"
    3. Are you a fan of Linux? Google also enter the Google Linux and click on "I'm Feeling Lucky '
    4. Google haunts the gothic typing google and click on "I'm Feeling Lucky"
    5. Cat and mouse, typing in Google and click on Christmas "I'm Feeling Lucky"
    6. Catch the google game, in which eggs are attached to the word "google" google type Easter egg, and then I'm feeling lucky.
    7. Want to find Chuck Norris? Enter Google Google Chuck Norris and press the "I got lucky '

excellent tips thankq

Here are some other tricks-
    1. Calculate with your browser-
    Open Google and straight away type your mathematical expression. You can go all the way from basic arithmetic to trigonometrical expressions. This is simply amazing stuff accomplished by Google.
    2. Find some faces-
    Google has a parameter in place for images in situations we need an image which describes a face.
    I would like to use images of happy people. Even if I choose the term as “happy face” the results don’t show images which contain people. For this there is a parameter “imgtype” which you can use with the URL.
    3. Use Google as a Dictionary
    Just use Google's define: syntax to find definitions from several dictionaries all at once.
    3. Google as a Phonebook
    Google's phonebook is nearly as efficient as some other phonebook Web sites out there, but it is easier to remember where to find it.