Thread: How to troubleshoot new Games For Windows Live System Update Issues

How to troubleshoot new Games For Windows Live System Update Issues

I have been working for long time to resolve the issue related to the Games For Windows updated issue and after spending a lot hour on internet I have come up with one useful tips related to the Updated issue. If you are one of them who are facing the problem with the Games For Windows Update issue then I will advise you to go with the below given step that will resolve the issue related to the same and work with it.

Sign in failed after new update:

If you have installed the new update of the Games For Windows and unable to sign in into then account of same then I must say that you should check that whether the the new Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is installed into the system or not. If not then install the new Windows Live Sign-in Assistant and Restart the computer to new software take effect. One more important thing that you have to check that you are running with the latest Games For Windows-Live runtime into the system. Just check for the latest update and install the same.

Incorrect Username and Password.

If you are getting the invalid username and password error in Game For Windows Login after installing the new update for same then let me tell you that this is causing due to the Windows Live ID whose login system got upgraded and that is why you are getting the same error. Most of the user who is getting this issue is set the username and password to remember. If you are one of these people then you should just uncheck the ‘Remember my Password' and then type the password manually. This will allow you to login to your account easily.

Unable to download the new Update

If you are unable to download the new update for the Games for Windows and while downloading getting the error then I will advise you to check whether then required ports open for GFWL or not. Also if you are downloading the update the make sure that you have logged in to the Administrator Account. Another suggestion is that you should run with the Latest software update which might resolve the issue with the new update download.

'Windows Live Sign-in Assistant' missing from Add/Remove Programs

If you are missing the 'Windows Live Sign-in Assistant' missing from Add/Remove Programs and worried that Games for Windows will run for your system or not so let me tell you that the Sign-in assistant gets installed automatically while you are installing the latest update into the system. If you have installed any Windows Live Essentials 2011 program that it is not necessary for the program to be visible in Add/ Remove program. So there is no need to worry about the GFWL.

Re: How to troubleshoot new Games For Windows Live System Update Issues

Well according to me UPnP must be enabled for you to connect to LIVE. UPnP IGD (Internet Gateway Device) protocols are supported by most routers and firewalls that are on the market today. However, these settings are not always enabled by default. For help, see the owner's manual or the Help files, or contact your network administrator. And for further more details you have to just visit the Microsoft