Thread: Airtel prepaid-Tip to increase gprs speed

Airtel prepaid-Tip to increase gprs speed

I am using airtel prepaid mobile connection and it provide me 112 kbps speed fro internet using. Below are the some tips for you how to increase airtel prepaid gprs speed. Do not connect your phone through Cable for all time try to use BLUETOOTH device and do not install Bluetooth drivers on your computer and just follow the steps:
    1. Purchase a Bluetooth dongle device existing on any computer accessories store a reduced amount of Rs.200
    2. Now install nokia pc suite on your computer. If you do not have then you can easily download it from internet.
    3. Connect your Bluetooth device to your usb slot
    4. Click on nokia pc suit icon on desktop and then click on manage connection and select connect through Bluetooth browse your device and make use of your airtel gprs with maximum speed.

Re: Airtel prepaid-Tip to increase gprs speed

To be really frank this does not help to increase the internet speed and maximum speed on airtel GPRS is 117 kbps and if is on EDGE network then it is 384 kbps.Also as per my experience data cable is fast compare to any blue-tooth device. If you want to test, at that time send a song to mobile through Bluetooth and an additional through data-cable.

You can use this trick to increase the speed of airtel DNS servers so that we know-how increased speed in gprs and airtel broadband connections. Because sometimes it tooks about 4 seconds for a query .So I started via OpenDSN server which is a free of charge and dominant DNS service. Use following DNS server address:
    Code:
    Follow the below procedure for Windows XP to change DNS server settings
    • Click on Start button/ Settings / Network connections
    • And now Double click on Local Area Connection
    • Click on Properties button
    • Select TCP/IP
    • Click on Properties button and see for favored DNS Server:
    • NS1 – 208.67.222.222
    • NS2 – 208.67.220.220

I am using airtel prepaid mobile connection to access internet from last two months and it provide me 112kbps speed for internet using, However the trouble is that at what time I try to download whatever thing it give me only 5 or maximum 8 kbps speed .So I want that please provide me idea that how I be able to resolve this trouble. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Hello to all airtel prepaid user . Now you can use airtel prepaid to send free std and local sms for free. You just need to follow the below tricks.
    Type: IMR urname and
    Send to 8888
    For example IM R Dharmendra and
    send to 8888.
    after doing this you will receive an message and you will be charged Rs. 3 for it and for one time only for registration. Now you will be able to send sms to your friends free of cost. Assume your friend number is 98xxxxxxxx than go to create message and type 88889198xxxxxxxx.you will not be charged for this message. I have try this on Delhi and Haryana network. For std number don’t apply zero previous to number and Don’t forget to strike the reputation button.

Don’t worry for it I have done it. First you need to go to control panel and select network connection and you will see your modem dial connection icon, Right click and select as default,then go to properties /general and click the nokia usb modem ,then click config ,select the speed option to high speed and click ok and it will ask for the next time dail connection to take action on the changes ,click ok and try to reconnect your phone for net connection now it will work fine.
    An extra choice is to use the phone, go to setting/ network operator and make selection to l then clear the cache in web and switch off the phone.Remove the sim and reinsert it.

I too have airtel prepaid and getting very less download speed approximately 4-7 kbps. I install download manager and when I install the software I get 20-25 kbps download speed. So you have to get Internet Download Manager. Presently there are different types of download manager, however these will increase the download speed improving your system performance i.e., dropping CPU usage, freeing up RAM and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    I too have airtel prepaid and getting very less download speed approximately 4-7 kbps. I install download manager and when I install the software I get 20-25 kbps download speed. So you have to get Internet Download Manager. Presently there are different types of download manager, however these will increase the download speed improving your system performance i.e., dropping CPU usage, freeing up RAM and etc.
    how to increase the download speed

Basically speed of a wireless internet depends on the network access. They are never cheap. I found lots of trouble even using a usb modem. For you, if you are on a dialup then the best thing you can do is upgrade to an higher plan. Even a web accelerator can help out. It just gives you a hike is some bits of data. Sometime you can complain to the customer care for your issue.