Thread: Print Pages Only With Data In Excel

Print Pages Only With Data In Excel

Hi All,
    To set the scene, I have a 10 page worksheet (let’s call it "Sheet1") that consists of formulas that import data from other worksheets in the workbook. "Sheet1" is basically a proforma form setup with 10 pages of nice borders (replicated the same on each page) so when printed out it looks the goods. At times the imported data into "Sheet1") may only be 2 pages worth and if the print button is press it will of course print all 10 pages because the borders span across those 10 pages even though 8 of them will be blank (no cell data).

Is it possible to add VB code that will instruct Excel to only print pages up to and including those with cell data. Therefore with my scenario above, if I only have 2 pages of imported data, excel will only print those pages regardless of the following 8 that really only contain blank cells, formulas and borders??

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance,
    River.

Re: Print Pages Only With Data In Excel

The options in the layout are to improve the presentation of your workbook on paper. You can change all the margins of leaves, that display of titles and several other options that will decry lower. Of Menu File, Select layout. Tab page, there are options for the presentation of the workbook paper. In the first block, Excel asks you to the page orientation print. The second block you ask what scale print your workbook. This becomes important when one of the columns in your document prints on next page instead of the page that you would want. You can manually change the scale to reduce or increase the scale of the text. You can ask Excel to automatically find it is the good level to enter your document on pages X and Y widths pages height. Anytime you can watch the preview before printing. You can also change the type of paper (letter, legal, tabloid, etc.) and that the quality of printing. For printing in labs computer, make sure the paper size is always of type "U.S. Letter". The last option allows you to select the page number that begin printing. For example, the first page of your printout Page could be numbered 5 and so on.

Hi Joshua,
    Thanks very much for your response. I am aware of these options and can set the print settings to printout exactly what I require. The only real setting I need to adjust is the "pages" setting. If there is 3 pages of data then I just set the pages setting to "1-3". However what I require (if possible) is to have excel determine that 3 of 10 pages have data and to only print those pages without this operator input into the "pages" setting.

Not even sure if its possible, however this forum is a good place to start.

Thanks Again,

However what I require (if possible) is to have excel determine that 3 of 10 pages have data and to only print those pages without this operator input into the "pages" setting.
    I am having doubt that such outcome you will get. You can do printing by using the VBA code. So if you want to do some R and D, try some VBA codes. (But still I think that it is not possible). Anyways Good Luck.