Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010

Steps to enable an Unlimited Navigation for Verizon LG Phones

Follow the given steps at your own risk and TechArena won't be responsible for damage to your phone.
There are some initial steps which are very much important to do the further procedure. Connect your phone to the Bitpim and switch on the Filesystem. Right click on the brew and choose the "backup entire tree". I have named it as "brew original.zip". Now you would be having an original programs to compare the changes in an applications or you may like to restore your phone back to original.
  1. Open the VZ Navigator and let it update everything.
  2. Now connect your phone with the computer system by USB or Bluetooth (Better to use USB Cable).
  3. Start the Bitpim and wait till it shows notification as Ready.
  4. Go to the View tab and switch on view file system.
  5. Click on the File System on the left pane and then right click on the brew folder on right pane and choose to back up entire tree.
  6. Now disconnect your phone and then reboot it.
  7. Go to the Get It Now (Media Center on some phones) and Cancel the VZ Navigator.
  8. Reboot your phone and connect it with the computer system, Start Bitpim now.
  9. Open a new windows and browse to the folder where you have saved the brew zip and extract it.
  10. Come to the brew folder in the back up window and click on the “MIF” where you would be having two files.
    • 24248.mif and 271043.mif for LG Voyager or Venus.
    • 269350.mif and 271974.mif for LG Dare.
    • 24248.mif and 32079.mif for eNv's.
    • 269350.mif & 269279.mif for eNv 2.
  11. Go to Bitpim and click on the MIF file in the brew folder. Click on the first MIF file as per your mobile phone in the backup and then drag them to the right pane of Bitpim.
  12. Similarly drag the second folder of MIF file to Bitpim.
  13. Select “make subdirectory” by right clicking onthe MOD folder.
  14. Name it as same as that of first MIF file. (For eg: 269350 for LG Dare)
  15. Click to open the newly created folder which will open on right pane of Bitpim.
  16. Add all the back up files to the same named folder on the right pane of Bitpim.
  17. Right click on the MOD again and then choose “make subdirectory” again.
  18. Name it as same as that of Second file and similarly paste all the back up files as you have done with the First MIF file folder, open it in the right pane of Bitpim.
  19. After completing the copying process, Disconnect your phone and reboot it.
  20. Now your phone's Navigator is an Unlimited one. You can use these steps to make any application unlimited on your phone.
  21. Open the new backup file and original one too, Compare both of them and write down each and every file & folder in the MIF as well as MOD which is missing in an original. You have to put back these files after you cancel the app on your phone.
Old 20-04-2011

Re: Steps to enable an Unlimited Navigation for Verizon LG Phones

Well the steps mentioned are very usefully to me to navigate the phone that I am using. Actually the user manual which was with me was not that much fruit full and that is the reason I choose to go with this post and really helped me to get along with the phone.

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,