Thread: iPod Touch / iPhone sync with Thunderbird

iPod Touch / iPhone sync with Thunderbird

Hello first iPod Touch / iPhone owners. Perhaps it also faces the problem that the Touch or iPhone with Outlook 2003 / 2007 can be synchronized, not with Firefox, etc. However, Calendar programs. I have no direct solution, but with all the detours is also fully automatic, easily, and even wireless.

So second prerequisite is an iPod Touch / iPhone with firmware 2.0 or higher (other iPods do not work, since the Exchange server functionality and WLAN are used) or some other Windows Mobile-based device with Internet connection. Furthermore, the calendar software with Google Calendar Sync can be in Firefox, this is about this add-on possible. So Google Calendar account is also required.

Re: iPod Touch / iPhone sync with Thunderbird

A brief overview of the synchronization:
    1. The dates are of Firefox with the Google Calendar Syncs.
    2. From Google Calendar appointments, the means of this free service through the Exchange interface / iPhone into the iPod / iPhone loaded iPods. The data is stored on the device, so it must not have a permanent Internet connection is needed.
    3. The process works in reverse, this means that date that the device be entered on the PC end up.

To start, the add-on for Firefox to be installed because this next to the house of an integrated read access to the Google calendar is also a write access is possible. After the file is downloaded, click in Firefox, click Tools, Add-ons Install. Here you select Add-ons downloaded from an *.xpi file and click open, install, and finally on the restart Thunderbird. After Firefox restarts, the add-on installed and active.

Google Calendar in Firefox must be included as Next. This first log into Google in the calendar for, click the top right corner of the window, click Settings, then under calendar settings on the Calendar tab and then click the name of the calendar, this calendar instance. If no calendar is available, by clicking on a new calendar set up a new calendar to be created. Now it scrolls to the end of the page and uses the home address after the dot format ICAL. Now appears, the link you copied to the clipboard.

In Sunbird the click on File - External Calendar> Subscribe. Here you select the network and confirm by clicking Next. On the following page, choose Google Calendar and adds the Address box from the Google settings previously copied into the link and confirm by clicking Next. Now we are in the password box password be Google Calendar, Sunbird access to Google's calendar allows for. The Username field is already filled. If the password save function is used, I highly recommend the Sunbrid settings under Advanced -> Passwords a master password set.

In the following window settings can continue in the appearance of the calendar in Thunderbird to be made, the name under which the calendar is displayed as shown in Firefox. By clicking on Next and we d of the process to terminate. If the Google Calendar events are already present, they are now also displayed in Firefox. Now, normally scheduled, changed and deleted as entered, the changes are immediately transferred to the Google Calendar.

It is sure that in the left column in the Calendar tab list of Google Calendar (identified by its name) is activated with a check, all other calendar should be disabled as soon as all dates have been transferred to Google Calendar in these out. This is and Remote Calendars download specific file by clicking on the Google Calendar is only activated should now continue to make all appointments.

NuevaSync now have the dates yet from Google Calendar to iPod / iPhone.
    But the service is free NuevaSync needed. Alternatively, this service from Google will be used more in 4.4.2. Here, many thanks to race track, which has pointed to a possibility that I can say their own experience and from that the Google service also works perfectly.

On the next page to activate the synchronization of the calendar by clicking on Change in the corresponding row. It clicks, followed by Google, and click Change to configure your service ... and there in the field Your Google Account id his Google e-mail address (username + Google @ googlemail.com). Then allows you to access the Google Calendar NuevaSync by Google page that opens, click on Grant access to the (previously you must log in to Google if necessary). By clicking on continue to be displayed to configure the NueavaSync completed.

Alternative to NuevaSync can also Google Sync can be used. Many thanks to race track at this point because it only has this service made aware to me. Both services are still referred to as beta. However, Google needs the service (according to Google's data) firmware 2.2 or higher, and all those of a similar result Jailbreaks not want to be updated otherwise all of the jailbreak lost programs (as I did ) NuevaSync are better off because there is sufficient 2.x firmware any. So, now I've made the update to 2.2.1 as there is with AptBackup a relatively reliable backup for programs from the Jailbreak program is. Now this here but does not matter. For testing, I am now on Google Sync switched and can also track experience, confirm that the service works fine. Since the setting up of the service almost as runs like NuevaSync (which requires only other URL's are given) and at Google, illustrated instructions are detailed I save it to me at this point, that is to completely rewrite the and sit only in parentheses behind each entry point of NuevaSync in section above, the corresponding figure for Google Sync. For E-mail is one e-mail addressing that with which you have registered with NuevaSync, not necessarily so the Google address. If you registered with Google, the address is, of course.