Windows 7 is quite clean and functional and you do not have the installation disk? This practice is fairly common with computers purchased in supermarkets. With Windows 7, you can create a complete picture of your system, commonly called a ghost of its system, referring to Norton Ghost which allowed to perform this operation and did well to save precious hours during the resettlement one or more systems.
In case of problems, you can reinstall the image of your system and return your system to its original state. Caution, this operation will not save your documents. We recommend a separate part of your system in another partition or a second hard drive and the other, back them up regularly on yet another disk.
You have installed fresh Windows 7 on your computer. The favorite programs are also very smooth. Everything is set up as you would like to have. One of the first things you should do now is create an image of your hard drive. So you are prepared for a possible system crash well. It is an image the exact copy of your hard drive easily with all content and may again in the very initial state are set. The best thing is the image after a fresh installation to create. This keeps the image of a system is small, and half an hour, depending on the backup media created. This guide shows the steps how to create an image with Windows 7 without third-party tools such as Ghost or True Image.
The center of restoration and preservation of Seven Windows to create a system image, including in premium editions of Seven. An image system is an exact copy of a reader. By default, an image system includes drives required to run Windows. It also includes Windows and your files, programs and system settings. You can use a system image to restore the contents of your computer if your hard disk or your computer crashes. When you restore your computer from a system image, it is a complete restoration, you cannot choose to restore individual items and all your programs, system settings and files are being replaced by the contents of system image
How to Create System Image File in Windows 7
Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore.
Click on Create a system image.
- Click on Create system image on the left of the window.
- Seven research sites available to save the backup.
This can be another partition on the same hard disk or partition on a second hard drive (internal or external).
- You can also choose to burn the system image on DVD.
- The backup to a network location is not provided in Windows 7 Premium. It is available from the Pro version of Seven.
- Decide where you want to save the image. You can burn the image onto an external hard disk, several DVDs, or on your network, if any store.
- You can also include other drives. Think it will start from the size of the image.
- A default location is offered. If multiple locations are available you can choose another by clicking the small arrow.
- It is best to save the image to another hard drive (internal or external) rather than on another disk partition system.
- In the next window you will see the space of the image. If that appeals not so, you can go back to this point and adjust your settings.
- You will be asked what you want to include in the backup (in addition to the system partition Seven).
- The amount of disk space required for protection is within the window.
- The summary of options selected is displayed. Click Start Backup.
- The backup starts and a progress window is now displayed while the image created and secured. In this example, required a drive of about 16 GB in size in 20 minutes on an external hard drive. The time depends on your system and your backup media.