Thread: Control Winamp with Bluetooth enabled phone

Control Winamp with Bluetooth enabled phone

Introduction :
    Winamp is a great media player, but we control it with a traditional mouse or keyboard. In recent years we have offered user-friendly products like Media Center, a remote control, but this means you have to shell out more money, and you can not run without the addition to your Media Center XP or Vista. This message will be several ways on how to control Winamp with a Bluetooth-enabled phone. There are two free software that I saw on the net with this functionality. One is confused and the other is a Winamp Bluetooth Control (WBC). In this article I will take advantage of confused because I have Nokia N70 mobile phone and WBC only worked for a SonyEricsson mobile phone during my own tests to undergo. Just go to the official site and download the software.

Unzip the file and you should see the list of features below from the readme file:
    - Browse your music collection on your phone
    - play any song in Winamp, including MP3s, CDs, MIDIS and playlists
    pause songs, stop - it, fast forward and rewind, you press the play list one round, and change the volume
    - the Add titles to your playlist and use shuffle and repeat
    - the look of your player with skins
    - stop or pause the music when you get an incoming call
    - Download music from your phone (MIDI and WAV formats supported)
    - control Winamp 2, Winamp 3, Winamp 5, Windows Media Player 7, and PowerPoint

Re: Control Winamp with Bluetooth enabled phone

A total of four files in the ZIP folder:

The. SIS file is a standard Nokia Application Installer. Send it to your phone via Bluetooth or memory card reader. Install it on your Nokia phone as a normal application. The next step is starting the process confused on the PC. Double-click the file BemusedServer.exe to start the wizard:

To start the configuration confused, click the Next button at the bottom right corner. The next screen asks the user what type of Media Player on your computer is installed. Select Winamp 2 or higher. Enter the path to the program files from Winamp:

Note: You might need to prepare the way before, if your Winamp is not in your C: \ Program Files directory.

Then you are asked for the list of music files that you want to control with confusion. In this case, I have an album I ripped and saved to give the TEMP directory (your own music directory path on this screen):

Enter the COM port used by Bluetooth to connect to your phone:

After clicking Finish, you should ask to be able to see the process the screen as below:

That's it! You should be able in your confused application on your phone can access remotely to the songs. You can use standard output commands such as play, pause, next track, etc. This is very useful when you are away from your computer. Note that the advertised Bluetooth's maximum range is 10 meters or 32 feet. Confused can control Powerpoint and Windows Media Player. This is a very handy feature if you do not have a way to make your presentation without using the mouse or keyboard.