Thread: Tutorial to Gain Permissions of C drive in Windows 7

Tutorial to Gain Permissions of C drive in Windows 7

I just bought a new computer Windows 7 for home and I'm having a problem with my e-mail and newsgroup program. It is perhaps unusual in that it has a data folder as a subfolder of the main program folder in C: \ \ Program Files. I think that Windows 7 is assumed that the files in the data can not be altered or deleted. In fact, the agent itself must be able to edit these files in specific situations. I tried to change file permissions using Windows Explorer, but it is not allowing me to set the necessary permissions in writing.

I am a little confused because it offered me these options for different categories of users. Show my name is registered both an administrator and user. But I can not put up the write permissions depending on which option I select - the Allow check boxes are grayed out. I am not familiar with Windows 7 but anyway here are some tips for the same.

Advanced function using Reg files in Windows 7 Changes unlock user via Explorer context menu. Windows prohibited with limited user to delete or modify system files.

Complex Windows themes, however, often require direct access. Although you can change the user administration of Windows the access rights manually. TakeOwnership completed the task, however, much more comfortable. By right-click on a file is given through the context menu of the current users access to. After double click the installation file and a reboot is the function.

Yes, Although the title seems a bit odd, perhaps bizarre, referring to an operating system that you'll need, take possession of the files and folders, to have control over.

Thus, you can change the permissions and, therefore, clear, copied or moved, among other possible functions. Take Shell Extension Rizon owner you will do after I create a new option in the menu that appears when you press the right mouse button on one or more files and folders. To view details you need to know about this tool, access Take Ownership.

Take Ownership Shell Extension enables Windows 7 and Vista users, file and directory rights to take possession. The Portable Take Ownership Context Menu Extension Shell Extension facilitated the transfer of file and directory ownership and other rights in Windows 7 and Vista. For installation and uninstallation only the start of each unique

Take Ownership Shell Extension is required. Download the TakeOwnership.zip file, Extract to any folder. Launch the install utility by Clicking on TakeOwnership.exe. To install, click on the Install button. To uninstall, follow the steps by clicking on the Uninstall option in place of the Install.

Download the same from here. TakeOwnerhip

Re: Tutorial to Gain Permissions to C drive in Windows 7

Add Take Ownership Option in File / Folder Context Menu in Windows Vista and 7. Many times you need to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows. You have to follow no of steps to do this task. But now you can do it in a single step.

I had some time got tough time when try to delete one file in Windows 7 and could not. For that Take Ownership tool is awesome. Just change the permissions commence right-clicking the mouse on the selected Properties > Security > edit, but could not because all options were disabled. Probe Against Tricks That some in the Internet, but nothing, not working. I was to have the pretension total control over the file later to change the permissions, to arrive at total control, so you can delete the file.

Property rights can now be copied from the Explorer dialogs for files and folders. With the acquisition of ownership rights granted to the Windows user permission to modify files and directories.

Rizon Take Ownership Shell Extension is another tool with a higher support. It is an application creates a new laptop That option in the contextual menu with the number of Utility. When you run the program, after the decompress ZIP That it contains a small window will open with That You Install button press. When selected, press the button after right mouse or file to folder (applies to both), building on them total control of anyone.

The work done after you select Uninstall (in the window of the program installation) to as contextual menu option disappears. Close, finally, the active window or disabling that to Take Ownership.

File Permission via Unlocker

Unlocker is a freeware Unlocker even deletes locked files without mercy. It often happens that Windows does not allow the deletion of certain files, as they are either currently in use or otherwise access restricted. The free tool Unlocker can help you: just select the desired folders / files and click Unlock All. Regardless of the losses Freeware instantly kills the corresponding files.

File Permission by Windows Settings

Windows uses a feature that allows a user with administrator permissions to take ownership of a folder. Take ownership of a folder can be useful when you are in a situation where you must change the permissions but the owner has rights.

• To take ownership of a folder, you must do the following
    • Right-click the file or folder you want to become owners and select Properties.
    • Access the Security tab.
    • Click Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Settings window, select the Owner tab.
    • Click the Modify button and select the user must take ownership of the file or folder.
    • Click Ok.
    • Following these simple steps you can assign ownership of files and folders to specified users.

Re: Tutorial to Gain Permissions to C drive in Windows 7

File Sharing Permission

You will learn how to become owners of the file shell32.dll.

• Locate the file you wish to modify or replace (in this case shell32.dll) Right click on, go into Properties.
    • Move to the Security tab and click the Advanced button.
    • Move to the Owner tab and click on Edit
    • Select your user account and click OK.

Now you have complete control over the file, it is advisable to modding is complete, restore the original settings to avoid unpleasant surprises by viruses.

Windows 7 God Mode

There is another option which offers you the same without any tool support. It is called as Windows 7 God Mode. All the information in a folder. Anyone who creates a folder with a specific name gets automatically to all system settings displayed.

• To get the godmode for Windows 7 have to do it the following. The godmode enables the complete management system and all access to work, but only for Win 7.
    • Created on your desktop a new folder. Then you appoint them into godmode. ED7BA470 (-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C) by adding this to the folder.

The folder icon changes to an application.

In Windows 7 as Windows Vista, to run a program with administrative rights and allow any configuration changes to the operating system, you must click the right mouse button and choose Run as administrator. An alternative approach, much more quickly, is to hold down the SHIFT and CTRL keys on your keyboard while you click the executable file with the left mouse button.

The Access Denied message in Vista with us every time we try to do something with a system file. On the file system users do not have permits, the owner of those files is the user TrustedInstaller. TrustedInstaller is service Windows Installer modules, under which programs are installed on Windows. The main function of Unlocker is to unlock files in use by some program, one of its functions collateral is that you can rename, delete or copy files which do not have permissions even if they are not blocked by any program. Renaming a file will give Full Control permissions and make us owners of the file. That is all, surely there is some other method to take ownership / change permissions, but these will solve most needs.