Remove jobs from print queue printer properties
Who has not ever want to remove documents from the print queue, with the option to "Cancel all documents", and has not been possible? Tends to be somewhat annoying, and usually we end up solving it having to restart the computer and turning off the printer, but sometimes even so is sufficient. Operating system indicates instruction that are simple and can remove all jobs in the print queue "stuck" without restarting the computer. First to know a bit about how Windows manages the printing of documents. When you print any document, Windows sends it to a file with a specific format. This file is usually created in the folder:
C: / WINDOWS/system32/spool/PRINTERS with file names like: FP00002.SHD, FP00002.SPL, 00003.SPL, 00003.SHD, etc.
To illustrate this manual, we generated a printing error in a controlled document. If we print a document and we get an error indicating that it has been printed, we can see and try to cancel it from the
- Start button - Settings - Control Panel "Printers and Faxes".
- Select the printer error has been printing and double clicking on it.
- Windows will show a window with the jobs that are printed at this time, your status, the document name, owner, the number of pages, size sent to the printer and the total size, the date of shipment, the port used , etc.
- If we try to cancel the document to print other documents, you have to press the right mouse button on the document that has been of "Error - Printing", will show a context menu, select "Cancel".
- If pressing "Cancel" in the menu does not work, we try accessing the menu "Printer" - "Cancel all documents".