Thread: How to Remove Office Genuine Advantage Notification Without Using Any Crack

How to Remove Office Genuine Advantage Notification Without Using Any Crack

Lately, those who have installed on your PC the Office package (Pirate) and let the computer upgrades are performed automatically, they appear on the taskbar an annoying blue star indicates that the Office package must be validated. This action has no impact on the functioning of the equipment but is very annoying to be constantly receiving notification of recommended validating the Office package of PC, well, here's the support you need to remove this notice.

The update called Office Genuine Advantage (KB949810) known as OGA Notifier, Microsoft Update, the masks as critical and / or high-priority. This update shows users of office, annoying warning messages, and a star-shaped icon permanently in the taskbar.

Note that there are many people who have not registered your original software either by omission or other causes. I personally have genuine Microsoft software purchased legally, such as: Office, Works Suite, Age of Empires I, II, III and its expansions, Rise of Nations, etc. , and honestly I do not make the registration of the facilities of such programs, because the registration process usually tedious and cumbersome in some cases, having to give Microsoft personal information I am not prepared nor do I care to reveal.

For this reason it is very annoying that Microsoft has handled this update under the heading of "Critical or High Priority", cheating on their users to download and install the OGA Notifier.

Re: How to Delete the update (KB949810)

The way how to prevent:

If you're the lucky ones who still do not receive or install the update (KB949810) can prevent the installation, as shown below:

• Enter to Microsoft Update (Click on: Start - Control Panel - Security Center - Automatic updates - Windows Update Website)

• Select the option "Custom."

• Locate the update "Office Genuine Advantage Notifications (KB949810)" and uncheck the box to update it (ie remove the check mark).

• Having done the above you will see a box with the text "Do not show this update", in contrast to the previous point will mark this box (Click on the box to display the dove).

• Click on "Review and install updates" and ready.

• With this we prevented it being carried out the download and installation of the update (KB949810).

Delete the update (KB949810)

• If you are the unfortunate who downloaded and installed the update (KB949810), I presume that you searched the Internet and various ways to correct and / or delete the update, and their warnings, threats and the annoying star, including:

• Formatting the PC - This is the last thing anyone wants to do.

• Run a few commands and delete files from the system registry by hand - This is not recommended, if you're not familiar with these duties.

• Login to Control Panel - Add / Remove programs (with their respective activation of the box "Show Updates" - Solution in 90% of the cases do not see the update because it is hidden, and certainly looking lashes you burned one by one from the installed applications for not finding it.

• Using the CCleaner or some similar program to uninstall the update - Unfortunately none of these programs detected.

• Using the option of Windows "System Restore" to an installation before the update (KB949810) - It could be the most viable option, but as we all know, 90% of restores fail system and not realized .

• Well guess who have spent hours searching the Internet solutions, and have tried everything above (with the exception of formatting the PC), no satisfactory results.

Well, look no further, because the safe and effective way to correct and / or remove the update (KB949810) is as follows

• Download, install and run the Revo Uninstaller software.

• Locate and select the OGA Notifier application (you must select the option "show updates" in the control panel), then click on uninstall and select the "Moderate", click on Next, accept the Unistall after next. You will see a window that says "found disposable registry items, click on" Select All ", then" Delete "next. Following the above may appear a window saying "Found Files and Directories disposable" here you do it (Select All - Clear - Next - End), now you can close Revo Uninstaller.

• Login to the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 (My Computer - C: - Windows - System32) and delete the following files:
      • OGAAddin.dll
      • OGACheckControl.dll
      • OGAVerify.exe

• Empty the Recycle Bin.

• Restart your PC.

• Now if you use CCleaner or some similar program you can run to find and safely delete registry entries that might have become obsolete and ready.

It is noteworthy that after removing the update, Microsoft Update may not detect the installation of the same, try again so annoying to download and install updates to help you follow the steps outlined in the form of how to prevent, which is located above. It is as confusing, but I assure you it works!