Thread: Call Recording on Windows Mobile

Call Recording on Windows Mobile

If you have a Windows Mobile 6.1, you are likely to be able to allow the recording of a call on your device. It has been tested on devices like HTC Touch HD, HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch Diamond and works on them. It can also run on older machines and non HTC models.

You can enable this in 2 ways:

Method 1 - Edit the registry:

- Create a key named "AudioRecording" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \" and within that key that you created, add a new DWORD value called "Enabled" with a value of 00,000,001.

- Create a key named "Voice" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft" and that the new key in the creation of two entries dword called "EnableCallRecordMenuItem" and "AllowInCallRecording", both with the same value of 00,000,001.

- After that you need to make a soft reset of your device.

Method 2 - Install cab:

Install the CAB file "icrecording.cab" and proceed to restart the phone.

Activation of native courts of appeal will add a field "Record" in your menu during a call. Typing "Record" you will start recording in a file. Wav and put the file you saved in "Device \ My Documents \ notes.

One thing that I will like to bring your notice that in some countries recording telephone conversation is not legal, if this application is not legal in your country then it will be better not do that.

Re: Call Recording on Windows Mobile

Thank you for the information that you have provided for Call Recording on Windows Mobile. Now I am able to record call on my mobile phone, the only thing I do not like about this is its technical part, changing registry but rest of the thing is ok. It will better if you can provide some more tips related to windows mobile phone.