Thread: Free Facebook Mobile Access with 0.facebook.com on Reliance GSM.

Free Facebook Mobile Access with 0.facebook.com on Reliance GSM.

I will like to bring your notice that Facebook is the largest social networking site is has now rolled out the latest mobile site with the name “0.facebook.com”. With more than forty nine mobile operators in the more then forty four countries with no data charges. This latest offering has been optimized to deliver the speedier user interface for the people that can be accessed through Facebook through your mobile across the whole globe. The main thing is that this 0.Facebook is the lighter version of facebook that can be access easily because there is no load of graphics or photos but the looks are not compromised for that.

Since India is providing huge amount of traffic to Facebook, for that reason Facebook has tied up with most of the mobile service provides in India. If you are an Indian then it is good news for you because you can access most of the functionality facebook. In its starting phase facebook is providing this facility at a zero data charge so that maximum number of users can be targeted in order to get the maximum traffic. But if the consumer wants to view photos on 0.facebook.com then they have to pay some charges for that purpose.

“Facebook is a great social utility connecting people with their close network of friends and others. Indians have already embraced Facebook in a big way to keep up with friends, share photos and links and videos. We’re extremely delighted to announce that thanks to our collaboration with Facebook, millions of our subscribers will now be able to access Facebook for free through 0.facebook.com. We are happy to announce this offer to all of our GSM/RTL subscribers,” said Mr. Anil Pande, Head – VAS, Reliance Communications.

The only thing that should be kept in mind that you will be charged with normal data transfer if you are viewing photos that are outside the facebook. Let me explain with the help of example, just suppose that if your friend has send you a link for his or her photo that is not loaded on face then for viewing that link you will be charge with the normal data transfer.

Re: Free Facebook Mobile Access with 0.facebook.com on Reliance GSM.

The information that is given is good and helpful but there is only one doubt left in my mind is that has anyone tried this thing. I am not convinced with the thing that we can access facebook without any charges. If anybody have checked thing or experienced this thing then please let me know about it.

Re: Free Facebook Mobile Access with 0.facebook.com on Reliance GSM.

Actually I have used this service on through my Reliance phone and not with the other phone. So I can guarantee you for the Reliance but I am not having any idea related to other service providers. May be they are charging for providing this service to users. But I am not sure about that.