Whether to identify with Windows for its messaging to connect to the Internet and to access services that you have purchased online, you need to use a password, unique and complex addition.
No question, then use the same password for each authentication or record their passwords on a piece of paper that may fall under the eyes of an attacker.
How then to keep all their passwords without compromising the security of its information? Since man does not have a memory like an elephant, there is software that can securely manage their passwords. This is where the free KeePass .
How? Firstly, by encrypting your information by two of the most powerful algorithms today (AES and Twofish) also used daily by banks. It is impossible today to decrypt your data.
To access all your passwords, it does so more than adopting a complex password. You then need to retain others. Hence the interest that the password is complex. Even better, you can improve protection by storing on your USB drive a key. No key or password = no access to your database passwords is as simple as that.
Your passwords are then protected and accessible only to yourself. Of course, then you should not lose your unique password or your USB drive. But that is another problem ...
You can download KeePass from here. Save it on your desktop and install.
Create a new password database:
- Click the File menu and click New to create the BD database that contains your passwords.
- In the Enter the password, enter a long complex sentence intended to protect access to your passwords. For safety, make sure that your password does more than 128 bits and contains letters and numbers.
- For inclusion of your USB key is also required to enter your passwords, and check the box, connect your USB drive and then select the drop-down list.
- Finally, click OK.
- Repeat your complex sentences and then click OK.
- You need to generate a random key that is stored on the USB drive. Just click on the button Use the mouse as a random source and then move the mouse in any direction until the tray is filled.
- Click OK. All you then have to add your passwords.