Thread: Viewing Excel, PDF, and Word Files on Your iPhone without Mail or Safari

Viewing Excel, PDF, and Word Files on Your iPhone without Mail or Safari

I just want to let you know the easiest way for saving, organizing, and viewing Excel, PDF, and Word Files on your iPhone without using Mail or Safari.

It is clear from the title that you do not require Mil or Safari for doing this on you iPhone.

In place of that it is the photo application on the iPhone. User will be allowed to organize, zoom and scroll any file that he or she wants to use. These will be automatically stored in the folder in iPhoto with virtually no hard work.

It is the OS X function that is used for doing this and it is the Print function and by default it is present in most of application. The thing is that the Print has the special item on the PDF button that named as Save PDF to iPhoto. By using this user will be able to convert the printing thing into a picture in place of PDF file and save this in iPhoto. After that you can organize the document. For achieving this you need to do the following things.

1. First you need to open the PDF file that you require to view on iPhone in OS X.
    2. After that you need to “Select Print” that will be seen in the dialogue box and then you have to select the PDF button.
    3. Then you have to scroll down through the pop up list and after that Save PDF to iPhoto.
    4. After that iPhoto will be launched and you will be asked to provide the album name for storing the files.
    5. For synchronizing the iPhone you need to go to the photo page in iTunes for checking that the folder is selected and make sure that the images are synchronized.
    6. After doing this all you will get what you want, I mean that the PDF file will be broken down by pages and it can be viewed, and you can perform the task that you want to do.

I just want to mention that if you doing this with the Word or Excel file then you can increase the font size.

Re: Viewing Excel, PDF, and Word Files on Your iPhone without Mail or Safari

Well if you use this method then there will be a quality change. Let me explain what I meant by that. Actually this technique will not generate the PDF. This technique is just intercepting the thing that is send to printer through the Automator action and save it as JPEG (Joint Photographic Expert Group) to iPhoto. One good thing is that, the diminished quality will be cop up by iTunes, it optimizes the photo in the library and displayed on the small screen. It will be better to print in landscape.

It will be better to E-mail the PDF file to yourself, according to me this is a better solution till the Apple launches the dedicated document viewers that will allow you to organize the file and view the file. iPhone do not always save the attachments locally and depend on the email account that you have set up. The photo application provides the guarantee that the files are saved locally but Apple tries to convert the photo file in .ithmb files in place of actual image file.

I arrived a little after the battle, but I just equip myself a 3G iPhone, I know retrieve documents in my mailbox, and open, including such excellent timing but I would be able to modify to return them by mail.

From what I read, the application issued by the office seems to be the best, too bad if there is no free lunch, the main thing that is functional ca cons for you all speak about the iphone explore I cannot find the application store is what this application does not exist for the 3G? In this case how can I manage documents, ie retrieve mail, save them to the iphone, and edit and save again to send or sync to my PC?

Thank you in advance if anyone knows answer me!

I have found a solution with File Explorer Lite and Iphone. First I installed file lite on my iphone. It is free on itune and reads the word exel powerpoint pdf files but unfortunately that does Wifi connection. I then installed iphone explorer on my pc. It is also free and allows you to explore the hard drive iphone usb cable, copy the file from your pc to this one and vice versa. Explore with iPhone, it must then copy the desired files in the file "file" used by file lite. (if your documents are copied to a folder other than the, lite row not see them) in my iPhone 2G this file "file" is in: IPhone Root Directory/User/Applications/77FF9F77-F68C-4468-B22E-43C9172855BE/Documents and it already has a folder "Public" and a text file "Bienvenue.docx" which is the manual Lite File. "77FF9F77-F68C-4468-B22E-43C9172855BE" is the name of the file created with the installation of File Lite as for all the software installed on the iphone. I have a iphone and I do not know if the folder name, or rather this series of character will change in another iphone. If so, it will have to open them one by one to find the file File Lite. I made among the fifty app installed on my iphone.