Thread: Tweak photoshop printing on Snow Leopard

Tweak photoshop printing on Snow Leopard

Photoshop printing on Mac OS X:
    After prolonged and seemingly intractable problems that only in the Bermuda triangle between Apple, Adobe, and printer manufacturers (mostly Epson) would be solved, Adobe has from the Print menu of Photoshop CS5 (Mac version), the Color Handling option " No color management "away. Background of this measure is an incorrect expression profiling of targets that you need to create printer / paper profiles and color management must NOT be printed. Under Snow Leopard such an expression leads to unusable profiling target print, because the no-color-printing does not work out, and Snow Leopard, by any reckoning length of working space profile data falsifying the result. This problem seems to occur mainly with Epson printer drivers, but I am also one known case in which an HP Z3100 printer was affected. Those who fail to timely notice, prepared by measuring the expression of such a distorted target even a useless printer / paper profile and angry about wasted time, paper and inks.

These are the few points which adobe revealed a few months before.

1) If you print to an Epson printer in the Advanced Black-and-white mode, select "Color by Printers. In older printer drivers may have to be before the image is converted to sRGB.

2) In a color printing on an Epson printer you should print out the target with the preview program. In the pop-up menu of the Print dialog, choose "Color Correction" and then the Epson color adjustment. In the printer dialog is still that option "off color" or a similar option, depending on the printer driver to choose.

3) For Photoshop (CS4 also) is also a so-called zero-Transform-pressure. For opened Target chooses to assign edit> profile and then the Adobe RGB profile. In the Print dialog you select in the Color Management pop-up menu with Photoshop Color Management "and in the Printer Profile pop-up menu also Adobe RGB. When rendering intent is to "Relative Colorimetric one. The option is disabled. The following printer driver dialog now that option "off color" or a similar option, depending on the printer driver is selected.

As the Tech Note is also clear, Adobe wants to write a program which allows Mac OS management to the pressure. It is soon to be released on Adobe Labs for free download. Finally, my workaround: If you use Parallels or other virtualization software on a Mac, you can also print out its target under Windows - it does the same.

Re: Tweak photoshop printing on Snow Leopard

I've increased the Spyder 3 and try to profile on the Epson Leopard and CS4 3800th Either way, it was only worse than no profile. If I understood your article correctly, this is connected with the problem described here, or? And with point 3) it should work.

The main problem occurs only under Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6 on). The target expression with Photoshop CS4 on Mac OS X should be 10.5 not be hit. For me at least it has been folded dozens of times without problems.

I had opted for Alternative 2. The blue jacket on me, I have deadlocked, with the new profile but still the same and is much too dark, as before even with the measured profiles. Your article will then probably unfortunately not my problem. Get on the printer color management trust, so far is the best result came out at.

Have you already noticed that? when Photoshop CS5 and 10.5.8 are the filters of significant performance problems (both x32 as x64 even under mode)? From Adobe, I have received no information or solution. The computer slows down so much that one minute after about 10 minutes. may end up with Photoshop out immediately. I have especially in the Liquid filter and sharpening Selective noticed. By the way, nice that I have you once again found on the Internet and you're still so active in this area.