Thread: Three ways to manage utorrent on iPhone / iPod touch

Three ways to manage utorrent on iPhone / iPod touch

Utorrent -
    One of the most popular and certainly the most lightweight client for bittorrent-networks - uTorrent - began its journey in the world of apple computers. I would like to tell the readers about the three ways of monitoring and control uploads to iPhone and iPod Touch.

Note: There is a small disclaimer - despite the fact that uTorrent for Leopard "old enough" to release 0.9 it is still at the level of beta and does not provide the desired function. Thus, methods described in this article are only appropriate for owners new computers of apple.

In uTorrent for Windows is a web interface - those. Any user opening a browser can go to a page that is generated by the program, view current injection, and even control them. In the setup program (Web-based bookmarks) you can specify the port that will be available page, and two types of accounts:

- administrator (with password) can control injection;
    - guest - just browse.

I will not dwell on the settings of the application, because they are easy to madness. Before performing the task you will need to install the webUI for utorrent, you can find it here.

1. Web-based interface
    -
    Easy and simple option. But at the same time, it has its advantages. And it is that the interface is made in the style of graphic design iPhone OS and looks like a separate application, rather than a web page.

If you click on a torrent file it either starts or becomes a pause. When you click on the button with a plus top of the window will come out the window, where you can enter any address to the new uploads. Now a few words about how to install this version of the interface. Downloading the archive interface on your computer and go to unpack it to any folder. After that, we go to the directory where lies webui.zip (% AppData% \ uTorrent) and straight into webui.zip, not unpacking it, put the contents of downloaded file.

Next, open the mobile Safari and enter an invalid URL:
    Code:
    http://adres:port/gui/iphone/i.html
    If the iPhone will ask to enter username and password - these are the same credentials, which we introduced in the program settings uTorrent on your computer.

Re: Three ways to manage utorrent on iPhone / iPod touch

2. MiniUI - simplified version -
    In fact, it is not so much a client for the iPhone, but for other mobile devices. If the previous interface looks naturally surrounded by other graphic elements, the beauty here is not expected. Everything merges into a mess. I do not know, maybe someone else.

Set the contents of the archive is similar to the previous interface - in-mouth unopened webui.zip, pre-created folder, there is mini. In the mobile Safari will need to enter this address:
    Code:
    http://adres:port/gui/mini/index.html
    The advantage of this interface is that there are some settings and add the download can be directly through the web interface.

3. Appendix uMonitor-
    Apple, continuing a wave of anti-piracy, prohibited place in AppStore "home" for iPhone / iPod touch software uMonitor. This is the second application to control the torrent clients - the first was Drivetrain.app (only it worked with other popular client Transmission). However, the author uMonitor not become frustrated and allow the program to include it in the repository ZodTTD for Cydia.

The application is no different than something special, is able to display all the current injection and separately, has virtually no options (except for address, port and data login / password), stop, start downloading, delete the task and assign colored labels download. I hope that the author does not develop a cast of this creation, because there are still lots of work and options for development of the project.

Who uses necessarily this torrent client (no matter how remotely ) may also refer to one of the tens of vnc tools from the appstore, so extra app for torrent (or utorrent), I really miss Nich, because there are tens of vnc clients for the iphone appstore is where I complete my computer can control remotely but they're all really not be so comfortable.

I am retarded, this entire time i have had a droid i never bothered to get an app for remote controlling. Few of them in the market, I got TRANSDROID. Works great, if your with a computers then just dont bother, all of them require some type of port forwarding and setup. Not complicated but not for total noobs.