Thread: How to Replace an Acer Aspire Laptop Keyboard

When you are on your Acer Aspire typing and it suddenly stop, and then appear on the screen, and all the things in the world can not solve the issue, the time has come, you may need to replace the keyboard. There is no need to worry about it. Acer's Aspire is readily removed. You can remove and replace the keyboard no issue, as long as you use gentle hardware, do not undermine the board, which is directly under the one you replaced.

1. Power-down laptop and give it some time to calm down. Ground by touching an unpainted metal surface, after that wait for sometime (you do not want the introduce computer's internal components).
    2. After the fold the LCD screen backward and then it will be flat similar to the keyboard.
    3. Use your flathead screwdriver for lifting the top of the keyboard that has the "power" button and other commands block. Once it is removed, you can use your hand for moving it.
    4. Then remove the screws above " F10" and " F5 key" with the help of cross screwdriver and then place them in another place.
    5. Pick up the keyboard away from the laptop, but do not pull it roughly because it connected to the laptop through the ribbon that is connected to motherboard.
    6. Using your fingers, push the tab, and ensure that the ribbon connected to the motherboard is disconnecting from the laptop. Keyboard must be free from the laptop connection. Put it aside and then replace keyboard.
    7. After that insert the ribbon in the motherboard and then close the tab for protecting the ribbon.
    8. Place the keyboard down on the laptop and then fix the screw at the right place.
    9. Then replace the piece of the laptop that is having the Power button on it and press it gently with your hands.
    10. In the last fold the screen for ensuring that everything is connected perfectly. Then start you laptop and then test key on the keyboard.

Re: How to Replace an Acer Aspire Laptop Keyboard

Well that was an important information posted by you and it really helped me a lot.

Re: How to Replace an Acer Travelmate C300 Laptop Keyboard

I m having problem with my acer travel c300 key board....I wanted to replace the key board so I bought a new one.........but dont know where to start first........
    If anyone having any idea reply me please....

Re: How to Replace an Acer Travelmate C300 Laptop Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by workbench View Post
    I m having problem with my acer travel c300 key board....I wanted to replace the key board so I bought a new one.........but dont know where to start first........
    If anyone having any idea reply me please....
    The steps to replace the keyboard are mentioned in the Very First Post of this thread. Did you saw that ??