Your computer will lag behind and you want to give it a boost? Add them to memory!
By increasing the RAM on your computer's hard drive, which is slower, be less stressed when you open multiple windows or tabs at the same time, when you manipulate large files when you launch your software when you play, etc. .
In the end, then you will reap improved performance of your computer and a greater working comfort. Whether to improve the performance of a desktop, a laptop or netbook, adding memory is accessible to everyone.
Just as a first step to check the type and characteristics of the memory used by your computer to see which modules you must buy (DDR, DDR2, DDR3 SO-DIMM, ...) and how much memory you can add. The number of memory connector on the laptop is indeed limited. The manufacturer is Crucial to this analysis tool free online that will automatically give you this information.
Then, by a simple trapdoor under your laptop and your netbook and directly into the housing of your computer, you can easily add your new module and extend the capacity of RAM your computer.
All you need to finally verify that the module is properly recognized by your computer and Windows.
Find memory compatible with your computer:
With the Crucial manufacturer's online scan tool, you can easily find the type of memory your computer's speed, but also the quantity that you can add.
- So open Crucial site and click the Scan button on my system under Tools Crucial System Scanner.
- Check the box By checking this box and clicking ... and click Scan my system.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Run.
- Allow the program to then make changes to your computer by clicking Yes.
- Your browser is then open to a page showing the results of the analysis. The amount of memory installed, the type and number of free sites are listed. Here, two memory locations are present which is already used by a module 2GB
- Information on the system manufacturer and model of motherboard are also shown.
- Fill out the form with the information: the manufacturer of your computer or your motherboard in the case of a PC assembler, the range and the model name. Click Search.
- The service presents you with the recommended memory module for your computer.
- Below, the characteristics of your computer or your motherboard are shown. We learn here that the maximum amount of memory is 4GB
- In our case, we have a site made by 2GB of memory, 1 free slot and 4 GB may not be exceeded. The 2GB module is therefore proposed.