Thread: Windows 7 Will Boot In As Little As 11 Seconds

Windows 7 Will Boot In As Little As 11 Seconds

Microsoft has not turned a deaf ear regarding problems identified most frequently by users of Windows Vista.

And although the publisher has modeled Windows 7 therefore, since it's now time to start so that the overall performance of the operating system that are a priority for the firm.

Increased performance for Windows 7

Microsoft announced on the blog dedicated to Windows 7 , the performance of Windows 7 will receive a special effort on the part of the development team, especially at boot. "In the laboratory, a very good system is a system which starts in less than 15 seconds, as mentioned by one of the engineer . However, differences in configurations between machines that are the start times often found beyond the 30 seconds, when many machines are more than a minute.

Clearly, systems that take longer than 60 seconds to get started with something to improve, whether it be a hardware problem, or the software. To improve this, Microsoft is working so closely with manufacturers, something that had already been developed with Windows XP and especially Vista. Others, like the output of sleep or launch programs, must also be improved. It is with great ambitions that Microsoft considers the performance of its new system, and thus promises significant improvements, while continuing to receive suggestions through his blog.

Re: Windows 7 Will Boot In As Little As 11 Seconds

On my iMac I boot Leopard 15 or 20 seconds, it depends on time. But I admit that since I have (three months), I have restarted 3 times, so I do not know if these measures are significant. The rest of the time I use it or it is in standby (or "suspension of activity" as they say on the Mac). And then he wakes up in 2-3 seconds, and all my applications are still open as I left. And it's REALLY nice to never restart.

15 seconds, yes, certainly to start the operating system, but after the dot is the Windows startup applications by the end of the loading system.When is a system that takes 5 minutes to really light and does not launch the program update just totally useless at the start? 5 minutes 15 minutes is not that enough?

Maybe 15 seconds is their marketing, but I agree with the fact that most people have machines obsolete machines, and therefore that these people find that Windows will be slow.

Again, judging the performance of Vista and the future 7, it must first have a PC that makes sense.

Otherwise, I do not think Microsoft is lying by saying 15 seconds for the start of 7 for my Vista after the BIOS loading screen is spent between 20 and 30 seconds to start with lots of stuff installed on it now.

On one laptop Asus new and mid-range a few months after the launch of Vista, I put about 5-8 minutes between when I pressed the start button and when I could surf the Web or check my e-mail. The system has just started to believe that introducing the office, it does not mean you can use the PC. Similarly to die out, it took about 5 minutes.

On my MacBook, which has more than two years (never reformatted), I always start for 40 seconds, 5 seconds to shut down, and I think it's better than XP and Vista have always been on my other PC