Thread: UNLOCKING the BT Home Hub for use with a NEW ISP

UNLOCKING the BT Home Hub for use with a NEW ISP

This is the solution for unlocking the BT Home Hub for use with a NEW ISP

Here is the method for doing that.
    You can use the USB port on the hub for sharing a printer on a network

1. First add the printer normally in the way that it is attached to your machine.
    2. After adding, you have right click on properties and after that on the ports tab.
    3. Now click add port, and then choose Standard TCP/IP Port, and click New Port.
    4. Enter 192.168.1.253 as the Internet Protocol address, and you can enter anything you like for the name.
    5. Now click custom, and after that on Settings.
    6. After that choose LPR as protocol Queue Name: LPT1 check LPR byte counting as enabled, click ok.
    7. Final step finish the wizard.

AND

You must be able to use the external USB HDD drive (Network Drive) if it is formatted as FAT32 and not the NTFS.

Last but not the least put all the files on the C: drive on the desktop.

The code is given in the attachment file do not forget to download it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: UNLOCKING the BT Home Hub for use with a NEW ISP

Thanks for the tip

I am able to successful flashed my BT home hub and finally installation wizard finished everything without any problem. I have started using Hub without delay and that also without entering username and password for accessing internet. There were no problems till I have restarted it.

Because when I have restarted it router forgot all settings I have done and then I have to enter user username and password. That is the problem I am facing rest of all every thing is working fine.

Hi,
    I think I followed the instructions but I got confused when the Wizard asked me for the password to the HH. I gave it and the Wizard filled all the missing fields, there is no problem so far. But the next screen gave me a warning message that it is downgrade and I have accepted that. The next thing happened was that it came back saying I have to go back and need to enter the user name and password. I tried resetting the hub and entering the password to admin so it matches the instructions but the HH does not allow "admin" as a password. I have tried to do it again but it wizard did not go beyond the login screen.

Any advice anyone?

Hello there,
    I have managed to unlock the BT Home Hub using the info but for some reason but I am unable to delete the set an administrator password that I can then use to access the hub using explorer. I am sure about the password that I have set it correct because I am able to Telnet in with it but I do not what is the reason why I am not able to access the hub using the same password with explorer.
    I also faced the downgrading alert message but the hub is now unlocked and it is works fine.

Many thanks in advance,

Hey there,
    I tried to follow the steps which you have mentioned but I did not worked for me I mean it did not work on my BT HH
    Every time I try to enter the ADMIN as username and password but it is not accepting it.
    I have upgraded it for the BT website and after that I am facing the problem.

Any advice please?
    One more thing I need help for unlocking SKy Sagem Router and sky Netgear router

Hi I am having HH 2.0 it is CANT-2 not a BANT-7
    I tried to change the .bli file to BANT-2 then it allowed to press the Next button. After that I got the task bar for few seconds but after that I faced the "Authentication error"
    Has anybody come across the CANT-2 HH before and can it still be flashed?

In the tip you have given you have not mentioned that this program requires password and the next thing I do not know why is not a fatal error. That means that the password is screwed up.
    I tried following the in the next step Go to Start > Run and then typed telnet 192.168.1.254 then click on "OK". This did not worked at first place but after that I realized that I have activate it in vista. This will bring up the black box which is trying to connect with telnet.192.168.1.254,
    but then I found out about it and realised I had to activate it in vista). This brings up the black box which tries to connect with telnet.192.168.1.254,

Hence I am facing lots of problems with this I would appreciate any help.