Thread: Solution to improve BSNL Broadband Internet Speed

Solution to improve BSNL Broadband Internet Speed

If you are facing a problem on your internet, then here I have some solution for you. I am using a BSNL Broadband internet connection. I had taken a new connection for 512kbps a month before. But after that I had notice a steep fall in the bandwidth of internet. My download speed is very less falling between 20 and 30 kbps.

After searching for several troubleshooting threads I found this solution which can help all BSNL Broadband users to improve its internet speed. You can try this tips to fix this.

For slow connection or no connection this tips will be quiet helpful. It will just consume two minutes and then your net might start working.

For this you have to click on Start > Setting > Network Connection. The other way to reach the Network Connection folder is right click on the network icon on the system tray and then click on Open Network Net connection.

Right click on Lan connection and then click no Properties. See the Screen shot below.

Now click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Then from the below button click on Properties.

Here in the DNS box add the following Settings.

DNS : 208.67.222.222

Try anyone out of that. This settings are a part of Open DNS which usually works well especially for BSNL DNS problems. Once done save the settings and then close all Windows. Restart your PC so that settings takes place properly. Now you can enjoy a better internet speed and and surfing experience. This OpenDNS works with most of the ISP's. Try this out.

re: Solution to improve BSNL Broadband Internet Speed

That is right. Some times the internet really gives a hard time surfing. That is especially for broadband internet connection. I keep on clicking on repiar my connection to make the internet work. I had contacted the customer support site, nothing was done from their part. I tried the above settings and my internet is working know. I hope this will work for longer time.

This is really a nice trick which works on my PC. I have Windows 7 PC with BSNL 1 mbps connection. My internet connection was working really slow which shows the DNS isue. I had applied this thing and now my net works with charm. This is the basic setting which is really not tough to apply. All you can do is just select automatic if you does not really get any benefit out of it.

Exclamation re: Solution to improve BSNL Broadband Internet Speed

I have Lenovo laptop Z560 with windows 7. When I tried to enter the DNS address as suggested here, I got message that it's incorrect DNS adress. Pls help.

Quote Originally Posted by devenmehta View Post
    I have Lenovo laptop Z560 with windows 7. When I tried to enter the DNS address as suggested here, I got message that it's incorrect DNS adress. Pls help.
    First of all can you tell us what ISP or broadband connection are you connected with? Without getting a internet plan it is not possible to surf the net either by inputting the DNS address or the ip address. So are you sure that you are using a internet service provider for surfing the net? What happens if you choose the option "obtain ip address and obtain dns address automatically.

I have BSNL BB Home Combo UL750 Unlimited, which should be speed of 512 Kbps. But I am getting up to only inbetween 56 and 120 Kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by abbie View Post
    First of all can you tell us what ISP or broadband connection are you connected with? Without getting a internet plan it is not possible to surf the net either by inputting the DNS address or the ip address. So are you sure that you are using a internet service provider for surfing the net? What happens if you choose the option "obtain ip address and obtain dns address automatically.
    Hi, I have BSNL Broadband combo 900. I used to have combo 750 but I changed to combo 900 hoping it will change speed. But that was just a hope!!! I think Since BSNL is a government entity, they just promise but never deliver.

WILL INDIA EVER IMPROVE? DO WE WHAT ETHIC IS?