Thread: How to Sync Thunderbird Contacts with Ipod Touch & Windows 7

How to Sync Thunderbird Contacts with Ipod Touch & Windows 7

After a lot of searching around on how to sync my Thunderbird email contacts with my ipod Touch 8gb, i found a rather successful way and i wanted to share it with everybody.

Requirements - You will need to have:

Windows 7
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    iTunes
    iPod Touch (2nd Gen/ 3rd Gen)

Instructions:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Export your emails contacts from Thunderbird in ".CSV" format.

(Open Thunderbird, click on "Address Book" (Select your Address book)

Go to --> "Tools" --> "Export" --> "Save as Type : Comma Seperated" and save it with a file name of your choice and location (i.e Desktop).

In Windows, click on the Windows Logo (Start Button),

On the search box write "Contacts" and click on the folder with the same name.

In the Folder up on the upper bar that says "Organize -- Include in Library --Share With -- New Contact....etc" click on the button that says

"Import" then choose "CSV" option, click on the "Import" button and "Broswe" the Thunderbird ".CSV" file you exported before and click "Next"

Below the Text field, also select/tick on the "Primary Email" and on the pop-up window titled "Change Mapping" select from the drop down box the "E-mail Address" and click the "ok" button.

Then click "Finish" (Now it should import in vCard format all your email contacts separately in the "Contacts" folder.

Plug in your iPod Touch, and open iTunes (Wait for it to find your iPod Touch)

Then click on your iPod on the left side panel in iTunes under "Devices"

on the right panel window, of your iPod Touch Tabs "Summary -- Applications -- Music -- Movies....etc " click on the last button tab named "Info"

Now where it say's "Contacts" select/tick on the "Sync Contacts With" radio button and select from the drop down box the "Windows Contacts".

Also select/Tick "All Contacts below that"

Click on the "Sync" button to sync your iPod Touch with all your ThunderBird email contacts.

Congratulations!

(I know it's a bit of a hassle, but it gets the job done, and you can manually correct or add email contacts and sync them later the same way. Well worth the effort i think for those of us not having other choices/options.)

I would appreciate it you posted here telling me and others if it works or doesn't work (It is early morning here and i still haven't slept)

Cheers

Re: How to Sync Thunderbird Contacts with Ipod Touch & Windows 7

Hey thanks for giving us the knowledge about this as i was looking for the same. I have gone through the same and achieved the synchronization successfully but having one more query with the same. As i am using then iPad i wanted to know is it possible to synchronize the iPad with the Thunderbird. If yest then let me know how.

Hey,

Glad you found this post helpful, and i really wish i could help you with the sync matter your having, but i don't have the knowledge considering syncing Thunderbird contacts with the new iPad.

I wrote the above solution because i had just gotten an iPod touch myself and wanted to figure out how to do it since the internet info on this seemed to be non-existent, so i found the way by trying out things.

So the best advice i can give you is try out things and if you happen to find a solution to this matter, it would be very useful to share it with all of us when we get our iPad in the future

I hope you can get to the bottom of this and sync your contacts with your iPad!

Good luck!

PS: if you mean you have successfully synced your Thunderbird contacts with your iPad, then i would assume when you add more contacts to your iPad, then when you plug it in your PC and have the "Sync Contacts" option enabled in iTunes, it would check iPad between PC and sync them either way. All you have to do if this is the case, just import the contacts to your Thunderbird application from the Contacts folder on Windows. Not an automatic sync you wished for, but will do the job i guess!

cheers!
    Last edited by andyhavoc; 01-05-2010 at 05:54 PM.

No issues as iPad is new and i expect some one will come up with the sync solution of iPad with the Thunderbird. So if i will get any method to perform the same will update on this post. And thanks for your reply that you have given me regarding the query i have asked about.

You are very welcome, i appreciate it too when you find a solution to update this post!

Thank you,
    Andy

wireline broadband speed

how to boost my wireline broadband speed??????

Re: wireline broadband speed

Quote Originally Posted by abhi123tri View Post
    how to boost my wireline broadband speed??????
    I suggest you start your own topic rather than hijacking some other topic. In any case you can refer to some similar topics on how to increase broadband speed from below:

Tips for Increase Broadband speed
    How to increase internet speed of MTNL broadband
    How to increase reliance internet speed
    How to increase HSPA modem speed ?

Hello there,
    There are some softwares available in the market that helps in boosting the broadband speed. Just search for the same on the internet and you will find many options. Get the one that is suitable for you.
    Wish you all the best!!!!