Thread: IPhone - Tips and Tricks

IPhone - Tips and Tricks

We are all people who are fortunate to already have an iPhone know how much fun they can be just to play with. Playing with my iPhone a lot myself, I discovered tips and tricks that you may find useful. I am providing this here, so that it can be useful to many :
    • The magnifying glass is a nice iPhone tool when you type an e-mail or any other text. If you tap the button once, a magnifying glass appears showing you a zoomed view of your words and cursor. You can now easily place the cursor where you want. This makes editing your writing very easy
    • You can move icons around, but not on the home screen. You must go to the iPod section. Go to iPod> Other> Edit. Now you can drag your icons all around. This can also be made in Section phone.
    • To reset your iPhone, hold the right mouse button and the "home" front button for about 6 seconds. To return to the power, push the top button. This is different from a regular stop, which can be easily done by holding the Sleep / Wake button for 6 seconds.
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: IPhone - Tips and Tricks

• If you tap once at the top of the screen when you are on the Internet, it takes you back to the top of the window rather than having to scroll all the way back. A nice time saving feature.
    • If you set the font to the smallest size you can read more in the Internet window. An advantage of this is that when you want to click on a link, you can pinch (expand) the area and the link will come up very large, which makes it much easier to click.
    • If you receive lots of spam e-mail or other unwanted e-mail, pay attention to this time saving feature. Add a link to Yahoo mail in Safari bookmarks. From there you can check "delete all" to delete all unsolicited e-mails. This is much easier than deleting hundreds of spam e-mails one at a time.
    • Rather than posting the full address of internet sites in bookmarks, you can publish RSS address instead into the equivalent of Apple's RSS reader and save your bookmark. This way you can quickly see if there is something interesting on your favorite site rather than downloading the whole homepage.
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

amangelomike Guest

Re: IPhone - Tips and Tricks

You have given useful tips I have tried some of it on my Iphone. I also want to add my trick that If your phone is in standby with the screen turned off and you wanna start music playback without having to unlock and click on the ipod symbol, press your homebutton twice really fast and a playback window will open over the unlock slider.