Whether at the office where you have no choice but to use Windows or you are considering moving to Ubuntu soon, you can find the spirit of Linux distribution on your computer. Using color themes, cursors and icons appropriate, wallpapers and skins for your main software, you can dress up Windows XP to give the appearance of Ubuntu!And if the result does not suit you, you can easily return to the original appearance of Windows.
Here is how you can do that:
Bypass the limitations of Windows:
By default, Windows XP Hangs installing themes that are not certified by Microsoft. To overcome this limitation, you need to update a system file.
- First of all you'll need to download Uxtheme Patch for Windows XP and unzip it.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- Enter the command% systemroot% / system32 and press Enter.
- Click on the file uxtheme.dll and then press the F2 key.
- Rename the file uxtheme.old and press Enter.
- Copy this file uxtheme.dll file that is in the archive Uxtheme Patch for Windows XP that you downloaded.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Apply Ubuntu Style:
You can now install any theme to customize Windows. The Human theme for Windows you will find the style of Ubuntu.
- Download and Unpack Human for Windows style.
- Copy the Human contained in the archive.
- Paste it, it and its contents in the folder C: \ Windows \ Resources \ Themes.
- Then open that Human folder.
- Double click the file Human.msstyles.
- Human style is selected for your windows and buttons.
- You can change the color if you do not like too much orange.
- Finally, click on the OK button to apply the style.
Retrieving Ubuntu icons:
If the windows have taken on the appearance of those of Ubuntu, all icons are those of Windows. You can easily replace them with those of Ubuntu.
- Download Ubuntu IconPackager Set
- Save the file to your hard drive.
- Once the download completes, unzip the archive.
- Then download the software IconTweaker
- Install it.
- Start IconTweaker.
- Click the File menu and then click Open.
- Select file Human.ita located in the folder IconTweaker pack of icons that you unpacked. Click the Open button.
- Click Yes and Select Topic Human then click Load Theme.
- You then see a list of all the icons of the pack. Then click the Apply button and then click OK.
- The new icons are applied immediately to Windows.