To configure Mozilla Thunderbird to access Outlook Web App :
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird. The Account Wizard will run the first time you open Thunderbird. If not running when you open Thunderbird for the first time, do the following:
a. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
b. In the Account Settings page, click Add Account.
c. In the Account Wizard, page setup a new account, select Email account and then click Next or Continue.
2. On the Identity page in the Your Name box, type the name you want to appear in the "From" field of your outgoing messages, and then in the email address box, type your email address.
4. In the Server Information page, select POP or IMAP and then click Next or Continue. IMAP4 should be used because it supports more features.
5. Tables Incoming Server and Outgoing Server, type the appropriate server names as follows and then click Next or Continue.
- This POP3 server is the server name you type when you configure a POP3 client to connect to your email account. The POP3 server name you type if you get online access to the email account website is outlook.com outlook.com.
- IMAP4 Server This is the server name you type when you configure an IMAP4 client to connect to your email account. The IMAP4 server name you type if you get online access to the email account website is outlook.com.
- This is the SMTP server SMTP server name that must be entered when configuring a POP3 or IMAP4 to connect to your email account. If you access your email account online with the outlook.com website, you can find the name of the SMTP server by logging into your account at the following address: http://outlook.com. Once you have logged in, click the drop-down arrow next to it the question mark Help and click About. The SMTP server name that you type is displayed in the About page external SMTP Settings. For example, in the About page appears the following, the SMTP server name is pod51005.outlook.com.
External SMTP configuration:
Server Name: pod51005.outlook.com
Encryption method: TLS
6. In the User Names page, enter the email address in the Incoming User Name box and Outgoing User Name, and then click Next or Continue.
7. On the Account Name, enter the name you want to use to refer to this email account and then click Next or Continue.
8. In the Congratulations page, review your settings and click Finish or Done to exit the wizard.
Note: After completing this step, you may receive a notification to indicate that you configure the connection to the email account to use SSL or TLS. It will do in the next step. Click OK.
9. Configure Thunderbird to use SSL or TLS, for doing the following:
Note: If not automatically open the Settings page of the account in Thunderbird, on the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
a. In the navigation pane of Account Settings, select Outgoing Server (SMTP). On the Settings page of the outgoing mail server (SMTP), select the SMTP server and then click Edit.
b. Security and authentication Use secure connection, make sure it is selected TLS, if available and then click OK.
c. In the navigation pane of Account Settings, in the configuration of the email account, select Server Settings.
d. On the Server Settings, Security Settings, select SSL and click OK.
e. Type the password in the message box password is required on the mail server. If you want Thunderbird to remember your password, click Use Password Manager to remember this password. If you use IMAP, click OK. If you use POP, proceed to next step.
10. If you use POP3, Server Setup, you should select Leave messages on server. This will keep a copy on the server to retrieve messages on the local computer. This also allows you to access messages from a different mail application.