Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010

Enable or disable Aero with a simple double-click

The Aero interface offers two modes baptized Glass and Classic, the first being provided with 3D effects and the second not. If Glass is how friendly it is also resource-intensive system. It is therefore strongly advised to disable the settings a little light or when using applications that require maximum resources (video editing or 3D games, for example).

Here's how to switch from Glass Classic, and conversely, a simple double-click or in other words by using shortcuts on the desktop.

For reasons that you watch, you might prefer to disable Aero for certain uses, although disabling it just does not really make you gain performance. In all cases, you can easily create desktop shortcut or elsewhere that will disable Aero.
  • Right click anywhere on the desktop and do: New -> Shortcut

• A window appears and prompts you to learn the location of the item. Copy and paste the following: Rundll32 dwmApi #104. Then you have to give name for shortcut. Say "Aero'.

• Once the shortcut on your desktop, you can then edit its properties to change the icon. To create an icon that reactive Aero recreate a shortcut where you say this time: Rundll32 dwmApi #102
Old 05-02-2010
Members

Re: Enable or disable Aero with a simple double-click

I too have a problem with aero in vista , I bought a new sony with vista already installed aero but it had stopped working I can not access, when I clicked it waits 1 minute and finally balance my windows vista classic any idea?? thank you
Old 05-02-2010

Re: Enable or disable Aero with a simple double-click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adison View Post
I too have a problem with aero in vista , I bought a new sony with vista already installed aero but it had stopped working I can not access, when I clicked it waits 1 minute and finally balance my windows vista classic any idea?? thank you
Just simply press the same time on the windows + tab keys, after you must keep finger on windows and scroll through pages, simple.

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: , , , ,