Creating / deleting files, installing / uninstalling software fragments files and after a while your PC if swift early becoming slower.
Therefore regularly defragment the disk. As in all other versions Windows, Vista comes with a defragmentation tool accessible Start / Accessories / System Tools / Disk Defragmenter (or more simply by right clicking on the system partition/ Properties /tab Tools /button Defragment Now).
But the novelty in Vista is that we can schedule defragmentation a single mouse click directly in the tool itself.
- Run the defragmentation tool.
- In the window that opens click on the button Amend planning. (Modify Schedule)
- Select the frequency, day and time that you want to start defragmentation. (If possible, a time when the computer is on but not used: mealtimes, for example).
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Defragmentation is systematic and therefore you will not have to worry about.