Thread: How to reduce the size of digital photos?

How to reduce the size of digital photos?

There are many programs of photos which have tools that give the user the ability of reducing the size of digital photos. I am not talking about the professional photographers they have many software programs for doing this. I want to know the simple steps for reducing the size of digital photos without harming the resolution of these digital photos. I want to know the tips for this because the digital photos have high resolution it is difficult and takes time to send these digital photos through email.

Re: How to reduce the size of digital photos?

I will show the simplest way of reducing the size of the digital photos. If your are window user then you have the idea about the Microsoft paint. Open your digital photo using Microsoft paint. Now, before shrinking the digital photo save your photo with the different name. Now follow the simple steps given below.
    1. From the menus given above chose the image menu and then go to "Stretch/Skew." Option.
    2. Enter the desired reduction percentage in both the vertical and horizontal boxes
    3. For example if you want to reduce the size by fifty percent horizontally and fifty percent vertically then you can enter the 50 and 50 in both the boxes.
    4. Confirm that you do not use the skew option.
    5. Now your digital photo will be reduced to your desired size.

Using the steps mentioned above you can surely reduce the size of the digital photos but you must keep in mind some of the issues which are mentioned below.
    1. Reduce the size of photo gradually for avoiding the glitches.
    2. Try not to reduce the size of photo more than 75 %, because it can cause the glitches in your digital photo.
    3. Before saving the photo with the new size, try to slide the right and bottom bar so that your photo do not include the white spaces.

There is a really simple way to quickly reduce the size of your digital photos. You don't need to use Adobe Photoshop or any other graphics editing software.

• If you use Windows start Windows Explorer.
    • In Windows Explorer find the picture you want to reduce.
    • Point to the file and right click the mouse. A context menu will appear.
    • From the context menu choose "Send to".
    • Choose "Mail recipient".
    • Choose picture size from the available options. Any of them will reduce picture size significantly. If you choose Medium, you will end up with the file size of about 160K which is ten times smaller then the original size of your picture you got from a camera.
    • Click "Attach" button.
    • Now you have an email draft with a reduced picture as an attachment.
    • Click "File" on the top menu.
    • Choose "Save Attachments...". It will prompt you to a location where you want to save your reduced picture to.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 05-02-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: External links removed.