Thread: Tips to make Apple MacBook’s battery last longer

Tips to make Apple MacBook’s battery last longer

I am having my Apple MacBook . My job is related with frequently travelling. Mean that there is less to time to recharge the battery of my Apple MacBook. Apple has introduced many power saving features but still I want the tips how to save make my Apple MacBook’s battery last longer.

Re: Charge the battery to its full capacity

Whenever you are changing your Apple MacBook’s battery try to charge it to its full capacity. After fully charging your battery you can unplug the power cable and can use your MacBook for work. Now if you are running in battery mode then try not to charge again before the power level reaches to 20 percent. Extreme discharging of your battery can be harmful. The best practice related to laptop batteries is that when you are no using them plug the computer in to wall power and remove the battery.

Re: Reduce the brightness level of display

Display of the MacBook and the back light keyboard consumes a considerable amount of power if it is working on battery mode. So I will suggest you to reduce the brightness level of display to low level which is comfortable to your eyes. It will be better if you turn off the keyboard’s back light. You can use the keyboard back light if it is necessary for example if you are working in the environment where the light is not sufficient.

Re: Tips to make Apple MacBook’s battery last longer

If you are planning to watch movies or you want to play song from your DVD or CD then I will suggest you to copy the content of DVD or CD on hard drive or any other external derive. The reason behind it is that the motor that spins the disk consume a lot of amount of power. So it will be better if you copy the content of the CD or DVD on hard drive and then have a look at the content. One drawback is also related with this is that spinning of hard drive also consumes power, so if you have solid state hard drives then your MacBook will consume least amount of power.

Re: Try to use fewer amounts of USB

Try to use fewer amounts of Universal Serial Data Bus (USB) devices. The simple reason is that the MacBook consumes a handful amount of power to run USB devices connected to them. Do not forget to turn off the services like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Radio, because these services constantly search for the wireless network near to you. If you are not using Bluetooth service regularly then it is advisable to turn down this service also.

Re: Hibernate or Standby mode

If you are not using your system more than ten minutes then it will better to close the lid of your MacBook. Trust me this will save considerable amount of power. Because turning down the lid of your MacBook makes the system to go in standby or hibernate mode. It is obvious that the power consumption in Standby mode or hibernate mode is very less.