Thread: How to prevent data on my laptop from being theft?

How to prevent data on my laptop from being theft?

I am using my new accer laptop for my professional work. I heard about the situation where the people face the situation of system crash and the data which is saved on that system is also gone. The problem of data theft is also a big problem. Now days I carry out most of financial transactions using internet. Now if somebody is able to steal the data from my laptop then he she can get all my banking credentials. There must be some preventive measure to avoid such situations.

Re: Use password or biometric

There are many preventive measures through which you can prevent the data on your laptop. I will like to mention some of them. Use login id and password. This is the most basic step to prevent your data. But make sure that you keep a secure password for your laptop, I mean do not keep the password which can be guessed easily. Keeping an easy password is equal to not having the password. Advance solution for keeping the password that use biometric for protection. Biometric security is a method through which user uses his or her physical features for security purpose. The most common biometric feature is finger print recognition.

Re: How to prevent data on my laptop from being theft?

I will suggest you to limit the storage of personal data on your laptop. According to it will be safer to limit the personal data on your laptop. Store only that data which is used more frequently. Do not forget to keep the backup of your data on the external hard drive or on your personal or home desktop.

Re: Use encryption software

The best method to protect your laptop from data theft is that you encrypt or protect your document using password. Always keep the important document password protected. You can password protect all your MS-WORD 2007 file by these simple steps. Go to review > Protect your document > check Limit formatting restriction > click on Yes, start Enforcing Protection > Enter your password and renter your password. These steps will protect your MS-WORD 2007. In the same manner you can use software like Folder Lock or the encryption software.

Re: Clear your web browser cache

If you use your laptop for banking transaction then you must not forget to clear your web browser cache. Always keep your web browser cache empty and try not to leave any of your login or password information. Sometimes it is irritating to enter the entire user name and password while you are banking but it will be a better option to manually enter it rather than make your browser to remember it.

timeattendance Guest

idea Re: How to prevent data on my laptop from being theft?

Quote Originally Posted by WILTON View Post
    I am using my new accer laptop for my professional work. I heard about the situation where the people face the situation of system crash and the data which is saved on that system is also gone. The problem of data theft is also a big problem. Now days I carry out most of financial transactions using internet. Now if somebody is able to steal the data from my laptop then he she can get all my banking credentials. There must be some preventive measure to avoid such situations.

There are many ways you can prevent or protect your data on your laptop or pc.There are a biometric device by which you can do that that is
    Usb Fingerprint Scanner by thnis device you can prevent or protect your data .

Fetaure of Fingerprint scanner:-

- Fast and Perfect Authentication through excellent Algorithm.
    - Compact, lightweight and portable.
    - High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
    - Resistance to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
    - Encryption of fingerprint templates.
    - USB connection

timeattendance Guest

Re: Use encryption software

Quote Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
    The best method to protect your laptop from data theft is that you encrypt or protect your document using password. Always keep the important document password protected. You can password protect all your MS-WORD 2007 file by these simple steps. Go to review > Protect your document > check Limit formatting restriction > click on Yes, start Enforcing Protection > Enter your password and renter your password. These steps will protect your MS-WORD 2007. In the same manner you can use software like Folder Lock or the encryption software.
    Use Hamster with your choice of compatible biometric software for authentication, identification and verification functions that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
    http://www.tutistech.in