Thread: 5 Essential Windows Housekeeping Tips

5 Essential Windows Housekeeping Tips

Hi friends here are some easy steps that will allow keeping your windows faster and cleaner. I guess we've all seen too often how Windows decreases gradually over time and eventually reaches a halt. A my friend recently replaced his old PC and only after he started using again realized how slow the old era. Well, it is not necessary and should not have to replace your PC to optimize and accelerate. By following these five simple steps once a month, your PC should continue at a pretty good pace for longer.

Re: 5 Essential Windows Housekeeping Tips

1. Update Everything That Matters

Well this step includes updating the important file as much as u can.
    Update Windows: Run Windows Update service by opening Internet Explorer and going to the URL http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
    You can also update Windows by doing the following:
    • Windows XP: Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Update or you can configure XP to install updates automatically by clicking Start > All Programs > Control Panel > Automatic Updates
    • Windows Vista/7: Click Start > Control Panel > Windows Update > Install Updates or Click Start > Control Panel > Security > Check for updates

Make sure that you are updating the antivirus on time to time basis or at least once in a moth because it is the only one that protects your system from the malware and the viruses. I hope that you are getting my point.

2. Remove Unused Programs

Well if the programs are not used from long time I mean there will not be used in future also then there is no use of keeping any such programs on the system. Because it will only use the memory and unused programs are the main target of the viruses.Well normally we feel good downloading the trial versions of the latest applications or software on our system and it is also a kind of fun to do that. And we are eager to try the different and latest applications. The reality is that every program installed chips away at the speed of Windows. Obstruction of the registration, fill your hard drive and often add something that starts automatically with Windows. Some also add unwanted toolbars and plug-in for the web browser that can be frustrating. Check out the programs installed by following these instructions.
    And if you want to do it then here are some steps:

• Windows XP: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
    • Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features

3. Delete the Junk

Well this is the most important and also the one with extent effect. Well there is a tool built by windows called Disk Cleanup but I don’t think that it is the most effective one because I have a better option than that which is nothing but CCleaner . You can download this from any source because it is free and cures the system very well.

4. Stop Startup!

Did you know that there are plenty of programs that load their own little piece of binaries in the memory of your PC when Windows starts? Many of them are represented by small icons next to the clock, and most of them disappears at all and just runs in the backdrop. Typically these programs are safe and in fact have a lawful position but more frequent than not just made need not from Windows and you can safely remove the command that start automatically. The simplest method to do this is to unlock CCleaner and then get on the Tools button on your browser to the left following the start. Be careful what you remove. Try removing programs you know you only need to start automatically. For others, whether Google or post a comment below to see if it is safe to delete.

5. Defragment

Well the fifth and the final step is not6hing but the defragmentation. Here the thing is that it will place the data on your disk. I mean sometimes the data stored in the form of packets or frames and these packets are placed randomly on the disk and many space in between two different packets gets wasted so to avoid that we need to do defragmentation on regular basis.
    • Windows XP: Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter > Select a Disk > click Defragment
    • Windows Vista/7: Click Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter > Select a Disk > click Defragment Disk