Thread: Restore Point Dynamics?? or back from the unliving

Restore Point Dynamics?? or back from the unliving

I had to use a restore point after some real crazy things happened directly after an auto windows update I scheduled. It had some things off or whatever it did I felt a move backward would be a good fix and give me time to check where the conflicts might have been for when the updates were again presented. I had some theme changes and other preference changes i had just made but didnt really care if i lost. Now here it is over a week later and no doubt the offending security updates have been done over and I had culled out some things so all is pretty good: But all the theme changes I had made over a week ago are now back out of the blue so to speak and they are in 2 software/freeware applications I didnt even have installed at the time and now they show the few various changes. Why did that happen? I thought by going back in the time all those changes would have been vaporized and why should they return? I am wondering what is lurking around that might hang on to those things
    Any Ideas? would be helpful
    thanks in advance

Re: Restore Point Dynamics?? or back from the unliving

If you restore your system to suppose a particular time suppose "A". If at the time "A" you have applied some changes, be it a theme, or a custom wallpapers or just a folder option, or anything very minute; your system will appear as it was at the time "A". So this is common.

Re: Restore Point Dynamics?? or back from the unliving

But time A , the time I set it, and time B the time i set it for were both past clearly, but the time I chose for B was long before and it , of course assumed the status of the theme and all the options i had then. I was more than the couple of days, which is what made me think, and what it remembered to bring back was only the odd stuff anyway like text size or font choice, which by the way, only the size changed, not the font and the background color changed but not the dialog box color and all were done the same time as a whim and only part came back. other changes I made such as removing a couple of apps did not come back they are still gone. after a day or so a few of the options I had only changed for a moment in that point in time just a minute or so before I made the change backward to the old point where the computer ran as i liked. but those few odd changes I made just before i decided to go back , reappeared partially after a day or so even though I had re set the point backward over a week. Just thought it odd and i never noticed it happening to me like this before maybe i just never noticed as i do not use restore very often, rarely really.
    thanks again,
    john
    But thanks for the validation of that