Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-09-2009

How to fix number of pages in word document?

I need to send a 4 page word document to a number of users.

There is a lot of text on page 3 and sometimes it spills over to page 4 (because of different printers? print layouts?). This makes my 4 page document either 4 pages or 5 pages depending on who I send it to.

Is there a way to fix the text on page 3 such that it would never spill over to the next page?

Thanks
Old 16-09-2009

Re: How to fix number of pages in word document?

When the Page Setup dialog box appears, click ok, Under the Paper size: section, Here you will find ,many Different paper size, for e.g. Legal size, A4, and various envelopes; if your paper size is not on list then you can select your own custom page.
Old 16-09-2009

Word builds the Page X of Y AutoText entry from a pair of fields: Page and Numpages. In Microsoft Word, a Macro is a rule that specifies how the certain input sequence should mapped to the output sequence according to defined process. You can manipulate the Numpages field to return the page count you're after. Then you can use Word's Start At setting to display page 1 for the page following your title page.
Old 16-09-2009

My suggestion is that if you have more text in the 3rd page you better make it to two parts to result a total 5 page document. This can be done by adjusting the gap between the text and you can make it as 5 page file in every printer.... simple..think about it

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: ,