Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to play avi on ipod

Tips & Tweaks

Old 08-09-2009

How to play avi on ipod

Hi,
I have iPod nano. There are some videos in avi format which i want to view or play on my iPod. So can i play these avi videos on my iPod? Anyone have any idea?

Thank you for all suggestions.

Old 08-09-2009

Re: How to play avi on ipod

iPod does not support all types of files, so you cannot play avi files on iPod. It only supports mpeg4 video type files. You need third party software to convert your avi files to mpeg4 or mp4 formats whcih can be played on iPod. Convert the videos and add them in your itunes library and enjoy it on iPod.
Old 08-09-2009
billyboybad

download videora to convert files to MP4, & yes, its free !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2009

You need to convert the avi files into iPod compatible video formats. There are many conversion softwares available. I used Videora iPod Converter which coverts video files to formats that are compatible with iPod. You can extract the videos directly to iPod after conversion. It supports many video formats like AVI, FLV, VOB, MPEG, DIVX, XviD, etc. With Videora iPod Converter you can convert videos for any type of iPod that plays video such as iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod classic.
Old 08-09-2009

iSquint is an iPod video conversion app for Mac OS X. It is easy to use. You just need to click and drag your avi files and start conversion. You can choose size, quality and advanced option.
Old 09-09-2009
billyboybad

one more thing, before starting any thread, GOOGLE it first, there is nothing in this world thats not on google.
Old 17-11-2009

yeah, you can just use the freeware iWisoft Free Video Converter to convert avi to mp4 for playing on ipod.
Old 06-04-2010
Dylan18

Hi you can convert video for iPod using Macvide iPod Converter.It’s prog can convert many different formats.I like it's prog.()
Old 14-04-2010
amangelomike

Yes I agreed with Videora iPod converter. It is best and works well for me. It can basically convert every video file you throw at it to a iPod or iPhone compatible format. Easy to use and very fast.
Old 28-05-2010

Okay, I'm stumped. I recorded some video with Camtasia, and saved them as avi's (so I assume that they truly are avi's), yet I found that I had put them on my 5th gen. Ipod Classic, and while they wouldn't show in Itunes (and I don't remember HOW I go them on it, then - 3rd party app?), they DID play on my Ipod!
So, possibly some avi's, depending on the codec, CAN play on an ipod - if you can get them on there. Itunes doesn't let you, nor one 3rd party app I tried, SharePod, which otherwise is a great app.
Any thoughts on why they did play, and how I got them on there?
Old 07-06-2010
hatetea58

One possible reason is that your video file is encoded with mpeg-4 or h.264. Then your video file can be played on your iPod. But i have no idea which tool u use.
Old 31-07-2010
xiaotuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
iPod does not support all types of files, so you cannot play avi files on iPod. It only supports mpeg4 video type files. You need third party software to convert your avi files to mpeg4 or mp4 formats whcih can be played on iPod. Convert the videos and add them in your itunes library and enjoy it on iPod.
I found Video Download Studio which can be used as an avi to mp4 converter. have a try.
Old 03-09-2010
ahisoft

To play avi files on iPod,
you should know that mp4 is the only video format which accept by iPod,
so you just need to convert the video format from avi to mp4,
recommend you have a trial of avi to mp4 converter

there are also another blog which i found recently.
you can scan it.
hope it can help you more or less!
Old 03-09-2010

you can download an coverter to make it mpeg4,such you can play it on ipod.

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: , , , ,