Thread: Enable & Disable Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows 7

Enable & Disable Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows 7

Well you know the Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows Vista, Now you can Enable Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows 7 as well here how you can do it (No images ) :

You can do this trick through Registry:

1 First you need to Go to Start -> In the search Box type "regedit" ->Select it . Now in the Registry Go To :HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM in the left pane.

• Go to right pane, right click on a empty space and click on New and Dword (32-bit) Value.
    • Name it AnimationsShiftKey and double click it .
    • Now you need to Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialogue box 0 with 1 and press OK

If you Dont like this feature and want to Disable Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows 7 just do the following :

You need to delete the AnimationsShiftKey by right clicking on it and selecting delete option.

Re: Enable & Disable Slow Motion Aero Effect in Windows 7

I have found a similar kind of thread in this forum. That thread provides a detailed view on how to enable and disable the Aero feature in Windows 7 operating System. This is the link Enable Aero in Windows 7 with Registry Tweak Anyways thank you for your help and kindness to share such a useful information with all of us. I would love to read more tips and help in this forum, as they add up to our knowledge and help us to properly customize your desktop and computer.

Mine issue is bit different. In my case the Aero effect on Windows is very slow. Sometime the desktop freezes. This issue started appearing recently. I was testing a few themes on my system. Before that it was working well. But later on I removed everything and restored the old settings back. But still the problem is intact. Windows Aero effect is just slowing down my system. I am not able to find any solution for this. I want to use Aero as it add a bit flashy effect on the system and the screen looks cooler. I am planing to format my pc.

The first thing you can try is reboot your system to restore Windows original state and relaunch all background services. The second thing you can do is run system restore. This is one of the best way to fix various windows issue. If you think Windows is very slow then you have to checkout all background processes. You can see that in Task Manager, but it does not give you detailed information on different services. So for that you can try using tools like Process Explorer. This software is quiet amazing to find out all background processes.