Thread: Test the security of your browser with BCheck

Test the security of your browser with BCheck

The browser vulnerabilities are one of the main routes of infection of PC today. This particular work and the terrible infection called techniques of "Drive By Downloads". A service to test the main faults and check if your browser and your security suite or not effective.

BCheck (for "Browser Check") is an online service that evaluates the strength of the couple formed by your web browser and your security suite.

If your browser is infallible, none of these tests should fail.
    If your browser is fallible tests must trigger your security suite (otherwise it is not suited to protect yourself effectively modern threats).
    If any test fails, you must change your browser, or at least update it.

For information, IE8 and the latest version of Firefox resist all these tests. If you want to test the effectiveness of your security suite, voluntarily install an older version of Firefox. Then run the site BCheck. The attacks have triggered a reaction from your security suite.

To use BCheck, do this:
    1. Open the Web browser and visit BCheck.
    2. Check the box "Run All Available Tests"
    3. Click on "Start the test"
    4. An alert tells you that this test seeks to crash your browser. If the browser crashes, it has not passed the test, and it is vulnerable. Restart the browser and return to the site for further testing. Click OK.
    5. The service will then prompt you to add a bookmark to your browser to return quickly to the test case of a crash. Accept by clicking OK.
    6. Tests start and last about 5 minutes.
    7. All tests must be checked in green if your system is resistant to this type of attack.

Re: Test the security of your browser with BCheck

Thanks for sharing the information with us. It was very useful. i will definitely try it with my browsers. Till now i used the AVG antivirus toolbar to keep my browser protected from severity and virus attacks. As the toolbar would automatically scan the visiting websites and restricting and preventing us to visit those websites and infect our System by showing the quality of those websites. The BCheck sounds to be very interesting thing. i am seriously looking forward to such kind of tips to keep my computer and other applications protected from virus attacks.