Thread: Tweak Alt Tab feature in Windows

Tweak Alt Tab feature in Windows

Normally all we Windows users use Alt + Tab combination to switch between the opened windows explorer and i can say that it's a keyboard short-cut to enable fast switching between applications. Now there is a way to make this feature more easier and interesting. Alt Tab Thingy is little handy tool that replaces the original Windows alt tab function and provides access to additional window management features. It help you switch tasks faster and more efficiently than ever before.

Normally when we press Alt Tab we can only see the program icons which obviously look the same for the same program but this tool make some changes. It shows you icons plus a preview image of the application. This tool also allows you to manage programs that you don't want to appear when you press the alt-tab key combination. If you want to do this in some case than do a right-click with your mouse in the Tasklist of Alt-Tab Thingy and select Add to Blacklist.Several of the settings can be changed in the settings of the program including the width of the alt tab window, if window previews should be displayed and the icon size.

Apart from all these features, Alt Tab Thingy also gives you the task bar preview feature of Windows 7. You can have the window preview in the Windows taskbar similar to the preview that is introduced in Windows 7. It shows a small screenshot for all browser windows and applications.

Download Alt Tab Thingy for Windows XP, Vista & 7 only.

Re: Tweak Alt Tab feature in Windows

Alt-Tab Thingy is the best replacement of Windows Alt Tab feature. It has some interesting features that gonna help us lot. Here is the list:-

• Use the cursor keys to make your selection
    • Use the mouse & mouse-wheel as well as the keyboard
    • System tray icon
    • Drag and Resize windows by clicking anywhere on the window
    • Window preview
    • Can be disabled (handy for games players)
    • Settings window for enabling/disabling features
    • Informative tooltips
    • Ghost windows!
    • Auto Off feature (user controlled variable timer)
    • Allows minimizing of windows to the system tray
    • Monitors windows for change of caption/z-order/deadtray icons etc...
    • Display resolution selector - easily change your desktop resolution in 1 click.
    • Icon/List view
    • Variable preview size
    • Mouse wheel support
    • Automatically minimizes or closes Explorer windows
    • Blacklist feature removes apps from the task preview (right-click on them to enable)
    • Access ATT with an alternate "Alt+Key" combination, without altering the standard Windows Alt-Tab function (use both at the same time!)
    • Taskbar Previews - When you hover the mouse over a taskbar, you will see previews for open windows above the taskbar.

Thanks for sharing this useful tool mate. i am aware of this tool and using it from last 10 days. Its really interesting for me specially coz it shows the preview as well with the icons. Its a cool apps i can say. But only problem i am facing is when i am trying to open this app on one of the another computer it gives me error saying Unable to register the hotkeys. Why is that so, whats gone wrong ?

This is due to others programs running that have registered the hot-keys for the "ALT-TAB" key combinations. You must close the programs in order for Alt-Tab Thingy to start and work correctly.