Thread: How to repair apple ipod

How to repair apple ipod

The LCD screen died (broken and liquid poured between strips of plastic). I use it since the accident as a hard disk. However, on my Mac at home, it goes up more when he climbs on my Mac desktop (both G4 with Mac OS 9.2.1). I most want to tinker or take care of this unit.

• It was the opportunity to see how it was in the beast and try to resolve all or some of the problems. Indeed it shows that randomly disconnects during file transfer and so on. Moreover, it could serve a person wishing to change the battery of a first model ipod.
    • Put the switch in position "locked". Then, remove the metal shell clipped (we see some clips plastic pointed by yellow arrows). To do this, as usual, I use my mini lever moving around without forcing.
    • Face down, you must pick up the block disc / drum, having rejected two folds metallic dotted by yellow arrows.
    • Pull firmly but gently, in fact, on this side, he must win the power to the card (blue arrow).
    • Here you can detach the power connector, but now the duo gently disc / drum, in fact, on the other side there is the IDE cable that is also dropping.

• The yellow arrow points to the connector to remove the blue disk and the white battery..
    • The battery / hard drive and enclosure separate from the map.

Re: How to repair apple ipod

• The separate element and a view of the screen clearly deceased.
    • IDE connector side, a "Klots" hot glue, visibly placed to protect the water of the stops on the map.
    • The yellow arrow points to a 4 clips of the screen now. The blue connector of the water leading to it.

• Once the screen display, it has enough game to intervene in the connector (jack and firewire).
    • Recommends still won the slot pointed by the yellow arrow. Personally I did not do, with no screen to place and not much given to protect its state in place.

• A view from the firewire connector and its welds.